Rep. Bob Ney pleads guilty to bribery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GePap

Care to show an example to back up that claim?
    Happy to serve! Happy to serve!

Oerdin on Jefferson prior to conviction:

I'd like to know what has been proved against him. As opposed to Neys and Cunningham who have both been convicted of bribery.
    Oerdin on DeLay prior to conviction:
    I would pay good money to see the mug shot after he's arrested.
    I said the facts of the case have been discused for years and everyone knows them. The court can throw out what it likes and so this guilty man could be the next OJ Simpson to walk free but he's still guilty as sin and even you know it.
    TOM DELAY YOUR ***** ASS IS GOING TO JAIL NOW!
    This is the poster child for modern corruption in the Republican party along with the arrogance of the Republican leadership and the contempt they hold for the ideals of ethics & fairness.
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I'm as far to the left as anyone on this thread, but people who defend someone who was caught red-handed with $90,000 of bribe money in his freezer and say that they must be convicted before any action is taken against them while having howled for DeLay's head prior to conviction are hypocrites.

Same does for right-wingers who are attacking Jefferson now but defended DeLay's decision not to step down prior to being convicted.

Its really depressing how so many people defend or attack certain behaviors depending solely on the partisan label attached to people engaging in said behaviors.
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Are you that against black congressmen from the South, Drake?

You have no shame.

I will make no bones about it, I would defend a corrupt Democrat any day of the week. The day Drake and skywalker and DinoDoc admit they too are partisan hacks, the OTF will be a better place.

I would never defend a corrupt Republican. I hate corrupt politicians, no matter what side of the aisle they're on.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          Are you that against black congressmen from the South, Drake?

You have no shame.
          Hey, I am not the one comparing a congressman under investigation to a convicted felon.

But then again, what is Republican hackery without some sort of baiting?
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I don't think I'm needed here.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Bosh
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                I'm as far to the left as anyone on this thread, but people who defend someone who was caught red-handed with $90,000 of bribe money in his freezer and say that they must be convicted before any action is taken against them while having howled for DeLay's head prior to conviction are hypocrites.

Same does for right-wingers who are attacking Jefferson now but defended DeLay's decision not to step down prior to being convicted.

Its really depressing how so many people defend or attack certain behaviors depending solely on the partisan label attached to people engaging in said behaviors.
                Great post, Bosh. I totally agree with you. I'm pretty far right. I want every single corrupt politician to be held accountable for his/her crimes, regardless of political stance.
                I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

You realize that would pretty much leave us without politicians?
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

So the compromise it to only hold accountable those of the opposed political stance...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara You realize that would pretty much leave us without politicians?
                      That's fine with me.
                      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        So the compromise it to only hold accountable those of the opposed political stance...
                        I'm pretty much opposed to everybody, so that changes nothing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                          You realize that would pretty much leave us without politicians?
                          Its not like its hard to get more, they're like cockroaches.

I'm pretty far right. I want every single corrupt politician to be held accountable for his/her crimes, regardless of political stance.
                          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Wow, gotta love politics threads in which if you'd just reverse all the partisan labels all of the usual suspects would be making exactly the opposite arguements.
                            It's just like a debate round.
                            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                            -Joan Robinson

Comment

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                              X