Help me finish this Emblem Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me finish this Emblem Design

I have been asked to design an emblem for the Society of Aesthetic Medicine. So far this is what I have come up with. They requested it have a snake (to represent wisdom; i'm not going to argue about that..).

Now I am stuck, I don't know what to put on both sides of the snake, I am thinking of a plant on the right side, some sort of branch with leaves or flowers or both, can anyone suggest a plant that is relative to aesthetic medicine?

For the left side I thought of putting in half of a portrait face (female).

Any suggestions?
    Attached Files
    be free

It looks really good so far. But shouldn't the snake be curling/wrapping around something? Maybe a (stylized) mortar pestle to symbolize medicine - with the snake and pestle placed slightly askew? It looks a bit detached as it is, all on its own there.

Your other ideas sound fine to me (preferably just a couple of leaves for the plant IMO).

Comment

Or you could have both a mortar and pestle on one side of the snake instead of the plant.

Comment

How about slapping a pair of two large DD-sized silicone *** implants on that mother****er? I am sure everyone will approve.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Re: Help me finish this Emblem Design

Originally posted by Sn00py
          Now I am stuck, I don't know what to put on both sides of the snake, I am thinking of a plant on the right side, some sort of branch with leaves or flowers or both, can anyone suggest a plant that is relative to aesthetic medicine?
          Mandrake.

Though I think the design is busy already. Adding in more stuff will make it even more so. I suggest some simplification.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Think you should do a before and after snake...fat/thin or flat/curvy, your choice.

Not sure I like the mixing of fonts, to be honest.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Thanks for the tips

I know the rule, but there are two fonts for a reason
              be free

Comment

give the snake wings
                CSPA

Comment

Aloe plant.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The tail of the snake should curl up and be holding a mirror so it can admire its looks.

Comment

Aloe would be good indeed. Goes with the snake (egyptian).
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Aesthetic Medicine?
                        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Add a snake charmer and a basket for the snake.
                          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Ok finished.

Map of Singapore in the background (its a society based in Singapore)

two mandrake plants on both sides, according to wikipedia, this plant has relations to aesthetics and looking human (the root)

two snakes wrapping around each other and the staff thing; I felt 1 snake was not enough, there was no balance.
                            Attached Files
                            be free

Comment

Very nice, Sn00py!

I'm happy to see you took some of my advice about the snake(s) appearing less isolated/stand-alone.

After all, I'm no novice to this thing myself. I even kept the Olympic logo I proposed when we all thought the winter games of 2010 were about to go to Pyongyang of North Korea (it turned out it was Pyeongchang of South Korea, and they ended up going to Vancouver instead )..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X