Should I Vote Twice in the Midterm Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Vote Twice in the Midterm Elections

Through some bureaucratic snafu, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has sent me two absentee ballots, which presents me with two opportunities to cast a vote against the GOP's most vulnerable Senator, Satan Lite, a/k/a Rick Santorum. The ballots are ridiculously low-tech, and there's no way to track the fact that both would have been cast by the same person.

For those who don't know of him, here are some gems from Wiki:

In 2001, Santorum tried unsuccessfully to insert language which came to be known as the "Santorum Amendment" into the No Child Left Behind bill that sought to promote the teaching of intelligent design while questioning the academic standing of evolution in public schools.
    The cornerstone of Santorum's current legislative agenda is the politicization of the Charity, Aid, Recover and Empowerment (CARE) Act. The CARE Act provides incentives for charitable giving, opportunities for low-income families to build their individual assets, and equity between sectarian and secular organizations as they provide charitable social services. Senator Santorum has been advised on this matter by James Dobson of the Family Research Council. On the subject of CARE, Senator Santourm has accused CARE of being "anti-American," and having what he describes as "a pro-prostitution agenda."
    Though not a named author of the special Terri Schiavo legislation, Santorum played a key role in shepherding the bill through the Senate to a vote on March 20, 2005. Santorum has frequently stated that he does not believe a "right to privacy" exists under the Constitution, even within marriage; he has been especially critical of the Supreme Court decision in Griswold v. Connecticut (1965), which held that the Constitution guaranteed the aforementionied right, and on that basis, overturned a law prohibiting the sale and use of contraceptives.
    Obeying election laws versus the expulsion of Rick Santorum from our government. Which is the greater good?
    Sure, cast two votes; Santorum must be destroyed!
    28.57%
    Sure, cast two votes; Santorum's toast anyway, so it won't matter
    4.76%
    Cast one vote only; it's important to obey the law
    38.10%
    Cast one vote only; Santorum's toast anyway, so it won't matter
    9.52%
    F*ck you, RTF! Santorum rocks!
    2.38%
    I can't believe you bother to vote
    11.90%
    Write in Banana
    4.76%
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

expulsion of Rick Santorum

Comment

One vote.

And notify the bureaucrats of their mess-up.

You don't want to KILL democracy, do you?
      CSPA

Comment

One vote of course.

Notify bureaucracy, and maybe report to some NGO. Do you belong to a special social "subset" which would make one of the two parties tendentially benefit if some of that group cast 2 votes?
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
          Do you belong to a special social "subset" which would make one of the two parties tendentially benefit if some of that group cast 2 votes?
          Well, I am a Chicagoan. I'm pretty sure we get as many ballots as we want, as long as we're registered Democrats.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

One vote. The only moral thing to do.
            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

So you would actually rather back Salpatine instead of Santorum for the Senate!? Don't you see where this will invariably lead?

Anyway, 1 vote each, no more. I'm surprised you would even ask such a question, provided you believe in Democracy..

Comment

Consider it payback for all those Democratic votes tossed out or prevented illegally in Florida in 2000.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: Should I Vote Twice in the Midterm Elections

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                      Obeying election laws versus the expulsion of Rick Santorum from our government. Which is the greater good?
                      I've stated before that he needs to be removed by any means necessary. Cast them both, please.
                      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

"Vote early, vote often"

PS. See if you can get ballots for dead relatives or house pets.
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

One vote. If you vote twice, then it becomes what's best for you, rather than what's best for the country. Betraying the principles of Democracy. Yada yada yada.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

1 vote. I hope Santorum is removed.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

If you don't mind that somebody votes three times for Santorum, then use both of them.
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X