A Cooking Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Cooking Club

I am think about starting a cooking club aimed at married/attached men who want to learn how to cook. Not that I'm an awesome chef, but the idea would be for different people to "host" the club and "teach" a different technique or style of cooking. I think it will help a lot of guys break away from grilling and win points in their relationship. Also, I know around here, many men complain about grocery bills because when wifey is too tired after taking care of the kids all day they usually eat expensive prepared food or go out to eat.

What do you all think? Any ideas, additions? Should it be just for men? Can we make it work, or will it just turn into an excuse to drink?
    Monkey!!!

I think you may have stumbled on to a good idea.
    Don't know that it needs to be exclusively men. Include the women, who may also need/want ideas, and use it as a bonding technique too.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yes, I think the social aspect will win far more applicants than your, er, 5 possible recipes.

Comment

Include us for sure! I love to cook, get new receipes and try new things. I was getting excited cause I thought you were wanting to start some type of Polly cooking thingy. I would think that with so many different cultures that there would be some great dishes.
        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

He is feeling to chicked up and wants an excuse to go out with the guys.. he thinks this will provide him with one.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

but it sounds so girly
            Monkey!!!

Comment

A cooking club sounds cool even to a single guy. What are you cooking?
              Last edited by Dinner; October 13, 2006, 04:17.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
              X