Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help: equations in word

(I'm using Word 2007 Beta 2.)

I can create equations fine, but how do I add the (1), (2), etc. on the left side of the page so I can reference the equations later?

use latex

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

technixcenter is easy if you dont' know how

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
        use latex

JM
        It's due tomorrow (well, the draft) and I only know a little bit of latex.

Comment

It's not hard to learn. Should take only a little while.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

technixcenter is easy to use

you just press buttons, you don't need to know the language

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Are there not icons at top right for formatting ?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

But I want to use Word

I suppose I'll just tell him I couldn't figure it out and that I'll get it working by the final draft.

Comment

Word sucks.. improvements keep being made, but it is really not what mathy and sciency people use.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

But 2007 is so shiny!

Comment

Isn't all you want to do is make it a bullet point or... a numbered part of short listing?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Not quite. This is the sort of thing I'm trying to do:

F = ma (1)

Where the F = ma (actually entered as an equation object rather than plain text) is centered and the (1) is right-justified.

Comment

I've done similar all the time on business reports, but with left justification.

Sorry. I'd help if I could.

Comment

NP. I figured it would be the physicists or Asher answering, with the former telling me to use latex.

Comment

Has anybody suggested you use latex yet?
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X