Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jihad in Somalia!

Somalian and Ethiopian troops take key towns

Union of Islamic Courts' leader Sheikh Sharif Ahmed said that 'All Somalis have the obligation to participate in the Jihad against the Ethiopian assailants'

Soldiers loyal to the Somali interim government, apparently reinforced by Ethiopian troops, this morning seized control of Bur Hakaba, a key town that has been controlled by militants of the Islamic Courts since last June. Bur Hakaba is situated 65km from Baidoa and 180km from Mogadishu, and was considered the closest outpost to the seat of the new administration of the militants linked to the Courts.

In response, an urgent meeting was held this morning in Mogadishu by all the top members of the Islamic Courts. Union of Islamic Courts' leader Sheikh Sharif Ahmed said that “All Somalis have the obligation to participate in the Jihad against the Ethiopian assailants that seized control of part of our territory.”

Sheikh Sharif Ahmed made the comments in a news conference in Mogadishu.

Monday mornings victory for the Somali-Ethiopian forces marks the first military maneuver by the new Somali interim institution to halt the expansion of the authority of the Courts. Local sources said the Somali and Ethiopian troops entered the city without encountering resistance, since the local militia had earlier abandoned the area.

According to some sources, sporadic fighting took place before the arrival of the government forces in the town, although there is no confirmation.

Militants of the Courts have apparently pulled back to the nearby village of Jimeah.

In the past 48 hours there have been increasing reports of troops considered close to the interim government - including some Ethiopian columns moving in various areas of the nation, particularly in South Somalia. Those reports are difficult to obtain independent confirmation, despite the insistence of testimonies in the local press.

While all have confirmed the takeover by government forces of Bur Hakaba, there is no confirmation on reports of the entry of Ethiopian soldiers in the village of Beledwyne (300km north of Mogadishu), another small location in the Hiran region, but strategic because it is located along the border with Ethiopia.

In southern Somalia, troop movements were reported particularly in the regions of Juba. In this area the Juba Valley Alliance (JVA) is apparently preparing to take back control of the strategic port of Kismaayo, third city of the nation, which it controlled until September 25 when it was seized by the Islamic Courts.

According to local sources, numerous armed men and combat vehicles (jeeps with mounted machine-guns) under the command of Barre Hirale – the head of the JVA and current Defence Minister of the interim government based in Baidoa – are massed in and around the city of Baardhere.

Convoys were also seen over the weekend headed in direction of the Juba regions.

Tension is particularly high in the city of Bu’ale, along the road to Kismaayo, where the militants of the Courts have reinforced their defenses in fear of an imminent attack.

The first deputy chair of the Islamic courts’ executive council Sheik Abdurrahman Mohamud, better know as Jeneqow, in a press conference held yesterday in Mogadishu denounced that numerous heavily armed Ethiopian troops were headed toward the southern regions of the nation, both in direction of Kismaayo and Mogadishu.

According to local sources, an unknown number of civilians are abandoning the areas around Kismaayo and other areas considered at risk, in fear of imminent clashes.

Meanwhile, the Italian special envoy for Somalia and a top mediator in negotiations that over the past years led to the formation of the interim government, Mario Raffaelli, arrived yesterday in Mogadishu. Raffaelli met with Sheik Sharif Sheik Ahmed, president of the executive council of the Courts, addressing the participation of the Courts in the third round of talks with the interim government set for October 30 in Khartoum, under the mediation of the Arab League, which the recent tension has put in doubt.

Raffaeli previously also went to the southern city of Baidoa, seat of the interim institutions.
    link: http://www.speroforum.com/site/artic...idarticle=5959

Now the Sheikh is really gonna hit the fan!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

**** Union of Islamic Court.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

There's still time for you to join the jihad, Sava!
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Uncle Sharif wants YOU for jihad!
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Skinnies killing each other over sand and fossilized goat turds? That's new.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

goooooo ethiopia

I hope the americans give them weapons
            I need a foot massage

Comment

War Nerd is going to be thrilled about this
              If only Eritrea would chip in too.

Comment

AETHIOPIA!

Down with molly bloom and jihadists!

"I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

Wonderful. Now that some semblance of order finally came back to Somalia, an international war has to come along.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

What does molly bloom have to do with this?
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He's an infidel, and Heresson had a fatwa on him for a long time. Forgive him if he's a bit obsessive about that
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                      X