No announcement yet.

As anyone heard of......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is Ruth, and what is a "Chris" steak house?
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Da Cheech Man.

One of the best steak houses around here. In a league with Morton's, Chamberlain's and Cattleman's.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ruth's Chris. New Orleans small chain steakhouse like Morton's. Moved to Orlando after Katrina. My sister's brother-in-law worked in finance there until a couple of months ago.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Re: As anyone heard of......

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
          Went out to a new steakhouse in Sacramento called Chris Ross Steakhouse

they put butter on the steaks so it's cooked in

OMG...the smell - - the taste,

they serve it on a F'n sizzling hot plate, the steak still cooks while you eat it

bring your friends and family

btw does the typo helps keep it topped...lol
          Are you sure you're not talking about Ruth's Chris Steak House?

Visit Ruth's Chris Steak House for the finest cuts of USDA Prime beef served sizzling on 500-degree plates, award-winning wines and an unforgettable night.

What part of Sac was it in? I used to live there so I might be able to help you out.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The top chain restaurant steak houses have to be Ruth's Chris and Morton's but I got the best steak of my life at Donovan's Steak House.

Comment

ok ok

its Ruth's Chris Steak House

stop bustiung my chops

The service was top notch as well. 3-4 wait staff per table, hey ...... a crumb scrapper

Sadly, only one ale to choose from
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                Who is Ruth, and what is a "Chris" steak house?
                There once was a place in New Orleans, they called the Chris Steak House. Then a lady named Ruth bought it, and it became Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Ruth's Chris sucks. It's overpriced, improperly cooked, and you face third degree burns if you happen to touch the plate.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

What do you mean improperly cooked? A good steak is supposed to be on the rare side. If you want a well done steak then you might as well just boil it because all the flavor is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      I think he means Ruth's Chris, sounds like it at least

and YES, it is THE BEST!
                      As long as you don't mind paying $30 for a steak.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        What do you mean improperly cooked? A good steak is supposed to be on the rare side. If you want a well done steak then you might as well just boil it because all the flavor is gone.
                        Maybe I missed it but I dont recall saying anything about the steak's "doneness".

Unfortunately, I was forced to eat at one far too many times while entertaining visiting scientists. Ruths Chris is
                        nothing more than a fast-food steak house for those with more money than taste. Too many americans seem to equate cost with quality. Throw a steak on a plate with some butter, flash cook it, then serve it immediately. The faster the customers get their steak the sooner they're out the door so other suckers can be sat down at the trough. Perhaps the 'chefs' have never heard of resting the meat after cooking! Its only one of the most basic elements of meat preparation. Of course if they waited then they wouldnt have the show of warning everyone how hot everything is (well no ****, it just came out of a 1800 deg oven one minute ago). After all if its red hot it must be good!

Bah!
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I never go if I'm paying.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed Jack Dempseys in Charlotte N C.

I usually go there when we have our Fall Workshop mid November

Gramps "Sucka fer a Hot steak with butter"
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

I dont pay when at high end restaurants..I am schmoozed by suppliers...places I go usually run > $100.00 per meal but you get nice entrees such as Calamari
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                                Do you mean, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse? Yes, it's ****ing amazing. Best ****ing steak I've had.
                                I would have to agree... There are many EXCELLENT steakhouses in Chicago, and Ruth's Chris is one of the best. Gene and Georgetti or the Chop House are as good if not better
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X