Let's give the Apolycon thread some love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's give the Apolycon thread some love

Look, it's just sitting up there on top of the forum, all lonelylike. We should arrange to give it some company by posting some new stuff there.

The first order of business is to think about what sort of topic we can discuss there. I think Einstein is probably out, because we've talked about him plenty recently. But most other topics are fair game, I say. This thread is here to take suggestions. Maybe we can talk about movies. Maybe we can talk about adding a new OT mod. (I nominate Urban Ranger.) Maybe we can talk about why there are so many social rejects here.

Anyway, I just think the Apolycon thread needs some love. The goal of this thread is to get some participation there. With a little luck, the thread, unlike the Convention to which it's devoted, will have some participants.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Silly games.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I agree that silly games would be inappropriate in the Apolycon thread. It's very lonely, and it doesn't have many friends, and we wouldn't want it to think we're belittling or demeaning it in any way.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

I'm doing a paper on social rejects and was referred here for data collection.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I bring it up because, in a way, the Polycon thread is itself a social reject.

Comment

Jaguar, stop spamming.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Spamming
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Before this thread is closed:
                    Is there any way to download YouTube videos?

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                      Before this thread is closed:
                      Is there any way to download YouTube videos?
                      Yes.
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Perhaps we should discuss this in the Apolycon thread. That will give it some activity. Too bad the convention didn't have any.

Comment

Perhaps not.

Comment

I was at the convention

It was cool, albeit expensive

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Perhaps we should discuss it at Eventis.

NOT!

Comment

Working...
                              X