No announcement yet.

Olbermann Rips Bush a new arsehole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First, deliberately twisting what another says is more insult than argument. Or perhaps a lame attempt at both. Don't act you weren't being insulting, it is transparent.

That was not deliberate twisting. When I quoted you, I quoted your words exactly. I then criticized your worldview as simplistic. When you insulted me in your follow-up and hinted that I misquoted, I quoted your entire post correctly, giving the context.

I'm sorry that this concept of enlightened self-interest is too advanced for you at this time. Keep studying, maybe you'll "get it" some day.
    You know, I'm ashamed that I trusted you to engage in honest debate instead of lying and insulting me in every chance you'd get. I admit it: I'm a naïve idiot. The day when USA wins the Iraq war, I hope you'll think of me as such. But being a naïve idiot -- it ends now. Goodbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
      The majority of Iraqis I met were not militant pychos. People became dissatified with the US/UK only after the supreme incompetance of the occupation authority (read: Bush) became obvious. Anyway you look at this Iraq was ours to lose since most people hated Saddam. It was only after their lives got turned to **** and we didn't do anything for a year that things started to shift. After three years most now think it would be better for us to leave and for sectarian militias to "solve" the problems. I don't think that will work and that a bloody civil war will occur as soon as the foreigners leave.

The British are on the way out so that will, for all practical purposes, leave only the Americans.

Jane, you ignorant slut...

Did I say they were all militant psychos? No. I just pointed out that attempts to appease the militant psychos by being "nice" to anybody doesn't work.

Saying that we "didn't do anything for a year" is a bald lie. Rebuilding an entire power grid doesn't happen overnight. It probably took longer than necessary, but blaming it all on Bush is an even greater lie. The year wasn't even up before Dems in congress posturing for election were opposing spending.

I mentioned before, there were French and German companies that wanted contracts for rebuilding. Again, putting all the blame on Bush is ignoring the fact that Chirac was being an arsehole about Iraq while his buddies had their hands in the oil-for-food cookie jar. I forget who was mouthing off in Germany.

If the Iraqis weren't happy about progress after a year they had a choice to work with or work against. If the Iraqis aren't happy about progress now after 3½ years they still have a choice to work with or work against. Which is more likely to improve their lot?

If it weren't for the militants, I posit that not a single neighborhood would be without electricity, water, and sewer. We'd be pulling out, the job done. They'd be fighting political battles instead of gun battles.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by VJ
        That was not deliberate twisting. When I quoted you, I quoted your words exactly. I then criticized your worldview as simplistic. When you insulted me in your follow-up and hinted that I misquoted, I quoted your entire post correctly, giving the context.

Oh? Then what is this:
        "They hate us because they're morons". That's an original thought...

That is deliberately twisting my words as a lame "argument" that doesn't address my point about their actions being the root of the suffering in Iraq.

You know, I'm ashamed that I trusted you to engage in honest debate instead of lying and insulting me in every chance you'd get. I admit it: I'm a naïve idiot. The day when USA wins the Iraq war, I hope you'll think of me as such. But being a naïve idiot -- it ends now. Goodbye.

Trusted me? Hah, that's a laugh. I'll pass on that if you consider it "trust" and "honest debate."
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          Didn't any of you watch South Park this week?

im liking drake more and more but for all the wrong reasons

If only you didn't have herpes...

there goes my hopes of bagging a contrarian centrist!

"I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
          X