Fearless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fearless

Has anyone seen Jet Li's new movie Fearless? I watched it last night and thought it was great. Does anyone know just how much of it is based on a true story?
    JA Cambece
    JA Cambece Law Office

Sorry, I haven't.

Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Last edited by SlowwHand; October 7, 2006, 02:25.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I have, I liked it. It's based on a true story about as much as Path to 9/11 is based on fact--as in, some of the details are correct, most are made up for the sake of the narrative.

Also:

B♭3

Comment

Ef þú getur lesið þetta þá kanntu kannski íslensku. Það getur verið að þú sért að vera sniðugur eins og viss herramaður sem ég nafngreini ekki. Eða að þú sért Færeyingur eða Nojari.

Comment

Isn't it pretty deperate to try to promote sometyhing here
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I wait until it's in the $2 theater.

Almost forgot:
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I've often wondered:

Why do two of the six round guys in flash yellow and orange while the others stay one color? And only the one in the center has a balloon. I suspect he is their leader, and that is his balloon of authority. The blue guys must be second-in-command, seeing as they are the only others allowed hats. I am not sure why the flashy guys are so low-ranking under this system, given their vibrant colors. Perhaps they are some sort of disreputable figure of the sort that dresses fancy. Like they're pimps, or members of the dotyakuza. The purple guy on the periphery...we're not given enough clues to speculate meaningfully. Is he a powerful figure who stays in the shadows (hence the dark but imperial purple), or some sort of Tinky-Winky ostracized and left on the margins of dot society by dotFalwell? And what's up with their lips? Are they puckering up, or are those pacifiers or something? Maybe they're some sort of perverts...that would explain why a third of their population are pimps.

Lastly, why do they look so much like that "Cool Spot" 7Up mascot from years ago instead of normal smileys? Perhaps to reflect the frequent use of DLs for blatant commercial plugs?
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                  I've often wondered:

Why do two of the six round guys in flash yellow and orange while the others stay one color? And only the one in the center has a balloon. I suspect he is their leader, and that is his balloon of authority. The blue guys must be second-in-command, seeing as they are the only others allowed hats. I am not sure why the flashy guys are so low-ranking under this system, given their vibrant colors. Perhaps they are some sort of disreputable figure of the sort that dresses fancy. Like they're pimps, or members of the dotyakuza. The purple guy on the periphery...we're not given enough clues to speculate meaningfully. Is he a powerful figure who stays in the shadows (hence the dark but imperial purple), or some sort of Tinky-Winky ostracized and left on the margins of dot society by dotFalwell? And what's up with their lips? Are they puckering up, or are those pacifiers or something? Maybe they're some sort of perverts...that would explain why a third of their population are pimps.

Lastly, why do they look so much like that "Cool Spot" 7Up mascot from years ago instead of normal smileys? Perhaps to reflect the frequent use of DLs for blatant commercial plugs?
                  You know, I was studying the smilie in Donegeal's thread earlier, and was wondering some of the exact same questions. I even though of starting a thread in the community forum about them.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I saw it. It was a great movie.

FromWiki:
                    It is loosely based on the life of Huo Yuanjia, a legendary Chinese martial artist who challenged foreign fighters in highly publicised events, restoring pride and nationalism to China at a time when Western Imperialism was eroding the country.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

The movie was pretty interesting. I doubt it was closely based on fact, but more loosely, just based on my understanding of the history of that period.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Indeed, it seems that basically none of the actual events portrayed in the movie actually occurred in any way similar to how they were portrayed, but the spirit of the movie was quite accurate IMO.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

And what's up with their lips? Are they puckering up, or are those pacifiers or something? Maybe they're some sort of perverts...that would explain why a third of their population are pimps
                            Maybe they were born with big gums.
                            Ef þú getur lesið þetta þá kanntu kannski íslensku. Það getur verið að þú sért að vera sniðugur eins og viss herramaður sem ég nafngreini ekki. Eða að þú sért Færeyingur eða Nojari.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                              I've often wondered:

Good job Elok. An original post on Apolyton is a rare occurrence.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                              X