Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expression of faith or exploitation of the poor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a lot of money . In terms of PPP , that is around 38,888.89 USD .

Comment

I would wonder how a big a percentage of her total takings the 3.5 Lakhs was. I'm sure we've all heard of beggars that managed to get large amounts of money from begging.
      PHOENIXCAGER
      The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

It constituted the entire amount she had saved over her thirty year begging period .

Comment

In bolivia you can build a decent house with that

In Argentina for a small apartment, you need around 25.000 dollars, a lot more expensive
          I need a foot massage

Comment

She was saving it, not doing anything with it, why can't she spend it on what she wishes?

This is money she has saved, it isn't doing anything for her.

Most people give all their money after they die.. she has done so when she is elderly. Since she will (I assume) keep on begging until she dies, I expect she doesn't think that she will need the money..

JM

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

If there was some prior agreement between her and the temple then it would have been exploitation.
              Why? If she enters that agreement on her own free will then how is that exploitation?

Comment

Working...
              X