No announcement yet.

Just as we all suspected...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that they excluded about 90% of all inteviews with politicians in Washington. Talk about lack of substance.

The Daily Show definitely watches the politicians like a hawk, and they don't really pull any punches when they catch them doing something stupid. Their coverage of the major events of the past 6 months has been very good.

By contrast, like I said, showing interviews with politicians regarding wiretapping, Foleygate, or Iraq is just asking for spin instead of substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eroberer
      I hope that they excluded about 90% of all inteviews with politicians in Washington. Talk about lack of substance.
      I am confused, didnt they decide to stop giving interviews and simply give text message's to make points stand out?

I mean, Clinton started this policy, it just caught on by the "other side"
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

This is actually a searing indictment of the traditional media.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No it's not. What's surprising about satire being any less informative than straightforward reporting? Satire probably adds more analysis, anyway.

Disclaimer: I don't actually watch Jon Stewart, so I'm not entirely sure about the content of his show.

Comment

Well, and Jon Stewart has the advantage of not having to cover silly things like floods or murders or things like that. Unless he wants to anyway.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker Disclaimer: I don't actually watch Jon Stewart, so I'm not entirely sure about the content of his show.
              You can look him up on youtube, if you're curious.

Granpa Troll's obviously been watching a lot of the Colbert Report (the show on right after The Daily Show, which parodies The O'Reilly Factor). He did a phone text interview with Foley. =)

Comment

This is actually a searing indictment of the traditional media.

Indeed.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eroberer

You can look him up on youtube, if you're curious.

Granpa Troll's obviously been watching a lot of the Colbert Report (the show on right after The Daily Show, which parodies The O'Reilly Factor). He did a phone text interview with Foley. =)
                  No actually I had a free thought all by my lonesome

Comment

Originally posted by Gamecube64
                    How does a poll inform you of important events/stances on issues?

Did you know that 6/10 statistics are made up on the spot?
                    I suspect this is less about standard opinion polls than about those viewer phone-in or e-mail in polls ("Our viewer question today: would you have cybersex with Mark Foley? Results after this message!"), which are incedibly popular, are much-hyped, and are, as substance, totally meaningless.
                    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll No actually I had a free thought all by my lonesome
                      Maybe you can next do a good Foley joke in the "My Daughter was Born Yesterday" thread. I had a little too much heart to do it, but you're obviously a talented enough comedian for this! =)

Comment

Children are innocent and therefore I cannot oblige

However, perhaps another nearly deserving thread lies awaiting someone to "poke" fun at

GT

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

I suspect this is less about standard opinion polls than about those viewer phone-in or e-mail in polls ("Our viewer question today: would you have cybersex with Mark Foley? Results after this message!"), which are incedibly popular, are much-hyped, and are, as substance, totally meaningless.
                          No, that's very informative - just track the numbers and compile the list of freaks to disappear.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

The best news source in the US is PBS. The News Hour and Frontline specifically.
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I wonder if they counted things like Bill O'Reilly interviews, where instead of substance, you're more likely to see the show's HOST yelling at someone.

Comment

Working...
                              X