No announcement yet.

What if the Fed could say no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given that I have no assets, I don't trade stocks. Sorry.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Etrade

Although all the Internet brokers pretty much have the same fee levels now.

Perhaps you should go to www.vanguard.com and start with their education section. It will pretty quickly send you over to Bogle (their founder) who is pretty informative too.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

So can you do some short selling with Etrade? What made you choose Etrade over the rest? I know the rates are practically the same, so I guess you're looking at the various tools that they offer?

Comment

Etrade

You can short sell with just about anybody. I did not choose Etrade. My company stock program chose Etrade. In any case, I would recommend against short selling or any other short term trading strategy. They have about the same record as always betting on black in roulette.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Better question: what if Congress could say no to "should we do even more stupid crap"?

Comment

Originally posted by Eroberer
              Funny, I thought Colon was English, but then again I haven't been here for a while.
              Was it my Belgian flag that made you think that? The location field that says "Antwerp"?
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Actually, I was just trying to fit in in this thread by showing great confusion. =)

We need to get a thread up about "pay as you go spending," which Nancy Palossi (sp?) brought up today. What does it mean for the budget? It sounds more interesting that Republicans running anything through the system that they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  Better question: what if Congress could say no to "should we do even more stupid crap"?
                  What if it rained gumdrops?

And yes, I've lived in MD all my life. I just know nothing about how this stuff works.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The Federal Reserve only sets interest rates, the US Treasury is what prints and mints money and borrows money for the US government. The crap that flows around the net about The Fed doing that stuff seems to be the creation of uninformed, paranoid Libertarian crazies.

Comment

Hey, the GF admits the "uninformed" bit after our discussion of last night. Possibly paranoid. But she's crazy in a good way.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                      X