CMA meets Star Trek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMA meets Star Trek?

Anyone care to explain why the following logo of the Country Music Awards happens to have a striking similarity to the Star Trek logo?

"Picard to Riker. Can you put on some Big and Rich, please? We need a better mood if we're going to battle the Cardassians today."

Attached Files
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Illegal use of a trademark?
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Swooshes are everywhere!

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The symbol evokes thoughts of Star Trek so I'm not sure what they were trying to represent. The CMA should use symbology that evokes thoughts of country music (Skoal, Dolly Parton's chest, etc. ).
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
        X