Break ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break ups

Assume you've just broken up with your partner. Or remember back to previous break-ups. Or make it up if you've never had a break up (or a relationship ). How long would it be til you'd start looking to enter a relationship again?

Put whatever details you like in. I'm looking for a range of answers and scenarios, and want to see what scenario best fits a recent observation I've made.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

I only had one breakup I really cared about... actually we broke up, got back together, broke up, got back together and finally broke up again. And then I was messed up about it for years.

I didn't actually have to go looking... my (now) wife was there all the time. It just took me a while to come around is all.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Hmmm.

For me it was sort of different, I think. My one (final) breakup was basically just an acknowledgment that it was over, not a surprise breakup or anything. It didn't really hurt that much, and TBH it was more a relief that the other person did the breaking up and didn't make me feel guilty about it. I'd already had a crush on another girl by that point (though not one I ended up with), and certainly had found myself looking at other girls more by that point. So, no time at all, basically, though I am not one for 'quick' relationships, and have had a total of two, one that lasted nearly two years, and one that is over 7.5 years at the moment.

Were I to have a 'hurtful' breakup, I imagine it would be a while, though not a 'long' while. Probably three or four months. I'd get by in the meanwhile looking at cute girls on the train
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I seem to mostly have experience with um, preemptive breakups.

-Hi, my name is..

*woom*

Comment

My last breakup was a year ago. I fell in love, he didn't. Since then, I haven't had a relationship. I've slept around in a manner that would make the Whore of Babylon blush (12 men at last count...beyond that, I, err....forget).

But a relationship? Slightly terrified of one and getting my heart broken again. Which is why on Friday I have to tell a lovely guy that nothing is going to happen with us.

My life = the confusion
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

So what's the story Dauphin? It's only been just over two weeks since I last saw you, have you got serious gossip already?
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm currently trying to break up with my girlfriend.

As for the next relationship: I'll probably be looking for something less serious, more short term (this relationship lasted 3 and a half years). But I won't be hunting for a woman, I'll just let it happen with whatever woman it fells natural with.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

My thread was way better then this thread.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Indeed
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I generally spent a good 3-4 months sulking before even considering dipping a toe back in the water.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I'm trying to hit the ground running and get right back into the dating scene.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ended (on my behalf) a two year long relationship a few months ago. Have been casual dating/enjoying myself since. Though I'll admit that after a few months of this, I'm willing to settle again, with a girl that would be worth it. In the meanwhile the search is a lot of fun.
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          So what's the story Dauphin? It's only been just over two weeks since I last saw you, have you got serious gossip already?
                          Not about me alas!

Bloke at work broke up with his long term girlfriend/fiancee, yet he's going out with another girl within a couple of weeks. Possibly innocent, but it seems to me that the reason for the break up was the other girl. Seems a bit quick.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Worst thing I did was to get serious with a girl within a week after a 5 year relation broke up. Fooled myself, messed with this new girl's mind and my ex was not impressed. Yeah, one of the highlights of my life...
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

I usually go at least a year. I prefer to be single for a while after relationships.
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                              X