Hijacked plane- and the quality of BBC news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hijacked plane- and the quality of BBC news

I just found it funny that the BBC had to mention there were beauty contestant entrants on the plane.

And you guys refer to them as a legitimate news source? hahaha.

Why was it necessary to mention them? Are they above other people? WTF!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

*sniff*

I think your battery is burning.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

what?

no sympathy for beauty contestants? I'm sure the fear put wrinkles on their face. We must protect beauty contestants at all costs.

Comment

reminds me of those news reports that go "____ disaster happened at ___ location, killing _(large number)_ number of people, including one American."
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

yeah even as an american, I cringe at those reports. I understand the need to make the story more personal to the viewing audience, but who really gives a flying **** about beauty contestants?

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
            reminds me of those news reports that go "____ disaster happened at ___ location, killing _(large number)_ number of people, including one American."
            All countries seem to do this, unfortunately.

Comment

Yeah, there was story on the news regarding mental health institutions, and that something like 47% were below average...well thanks for that information, it really doesn't tell me anything at all!
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I find the "10 people and one policeman were injured" types more amusing...
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Over here we also get......."but no Britains were involved"

Comment

When I lived in Milltimber near Aberdeen our local paper was the Press&Journal.

On the sinking of the Titanic their headline was:

"Local man lost at sea"

Hilarious.

Comment

Honestly?

Comment

I didn't think you were so old.

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
                            When I lived in Milltimber near Aberdeen our local paper was the Press&Journal.

On the sinking of the Titanic their headline was:

"Local man lost at sea"

Hilarious.
                            Now that IS funny!
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                            X