Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all NEW & IMPROVED self improvement thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The all NEW & IMPROVED self improvement thread.

Originally posted by Oerdin
    What do you folks think? What self improvement goals will you be setting?
    I'm learning to live life as it comes, to live my life in a more natural and spontaneous way.

This implies, among other things, that my goals should NOT be overbearing, and that they should definitely not structurate my actions or my mindset.

I've just spent three weeks of quality time with friends (only new friends), and I've felt good pretty much every time because I didn't strive to reach some goal or other. Just to live by the moment, and thus not to feel frustration. These three weeks were very special, but I hope that I'll become more spontaneous in my daily life as well.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

OMG is anyone doing anything other than watching their diet and getting fitter?

I've got two Throwing Muses albums that I want to learn all the basslines for note-for-note (Limbo and 2003) because the musicianship and arrangements are inspiring, and I want to pull some of that influence into my band's music.

I also need to make some more progress on learning the acoustic guitar. For my birthday the other month my bandmates bought me a beautiful black Fender acoustic, which was a stunning gift, and I want to be able to play more than basslines on it, but my clubby bass-player fingers are the width of three strings, which makes it hard to push down only one at a time when playing chords. Also, the callouses are in the wrong place. The guitar string presses right on the tender bit between the leathery pad on my finger tip and the fingernail.

Anyway, that's the fun stuff. I also need to catch up on my admin, so that I don't leave my tax-return to the last minute again, and prepare full accounts to try and get a mortgage to buy a flat - if we can find anything OK for under a third of a million.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
        OMG is anyone doing anything other than watching their diet and getting fitter?
        well, if you insist...

I'm co-chairing a securities fraud trial in 2 weeks. 18 counts of C Felony (2-8 years) conspiracy and fraud counts. Pyramid type scheme-prommisory note piled on top of promissory note. Geriatric victims. 1.3 million. I expect the client to be found not guilty. Trial expected to last 1.5 weeks, could be longer. Jury selection is this friday.

Clearly the highlight of my fledgling legal career, for now anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
          improvement?
          I ate six Jack In the Box Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburgers in one sitting. I used to only be able to do 4!

Of course, I had 3 consecutive heartattacks...
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Working...
          X