No announcement yet.

Best way to get over a girl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one I hadn't thought about. Writing my feelings on wet concrete.
    Attached Files
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

[Insert gay man's obligatory quip here]
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Don't listen to him, Oerdin! Believe me, sodomizing an elephant will only make matters worse!

Comment

Best way to get over a girl?
          Have her lie down.
          [Rimshot]

Originally posted by cronos_qc
          Follow Pekka advice!
          This would be on my top ten list of things I thought I'd never hear on Apolyton.

Originally posted by Oerdin
          Writing my feelings on wet concrete.
          You'll be peeing on that in no time. (no pictures please)
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Seriously though, it would be best to let it go. I went through the same thing a while back and it took me over 10 years to get over it. I would not want to see anyone go through that.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

10 years!

I'm trying to get over a girl as well. Haven't tried getting drunk. I have been flirting with other women. it's fun, but eventually you start thinking about the girl again. You can't flirt 24 hours a day. having sex would be nice, but that's not possible. Though I could pay for it, but what fun is that?

But I know how it works. There is only one way to get over a girl.

Time. Time cures all.

Comment

Ok, you can join the club but this is only a temporary membership. Here's what girls do to start (notice I said start) to get over their latest bump in the road. It's the three day rule. **Disclaimer** this usually works best over a weekend so you don't have to miss any work.

Day 1

First day or night depending on when it happens, stock up on some really good ice cream like Godiva or Hagendaus along with some really good chocolate and alcohol. Find the cd's with "ya'll's" song on it and several other songs that have significant meaning for you two and turn off the phone keep anyone from coming over get comfortable (sweat pants are great for this or boxers if you prefer) and eat, drink, cry all while listening to the songs repeat throughout the night until you finally fall into a drunken sugar stooper and your eyes swell shut from crying. Thus ends day one.

Day 2

You wake up feeling ok, then suddenly it all comes crashing back and you remember how horrible you felt. Roll over and go back to sleep because this will happen several times throughout the day. Sleep, wake up horrible, sleep. Later that afternoon into evening eat. You won't want to but you have to. As the evening progresses. Call a few friends to share your misery (only the ones you know are on your side and will agree with you), right now you only need yes people. Look at pictures, momentoes etc... fall back into bed and sleep the rest of the night. End day 2

Day 3

Wake up and begin to get a little irritated and self rituous, then indignant, then self pitty sets in. Very important when you start the feeling sorry for yourself, this is the point where you can't let the self doubt and bargaining seep in. Oh if I'd have just done this, or maybe if I do ..... then she'll come back. WRONG! If you truly want to move on then you have to begin the cleansing process. Hence the first day to begin to work all those left over feelings out. Cry, men don't cry enough. It cleanses your emotions. Why do you think we do it so much? It's very important during this time to move out of the sweat pants and bathrobe and find the nicest thing in your closet the one you feel makes you look dead sexy. Take a shower, shave you know all your ablutions put on your best outfit and get ready to go out for a while, alone. Just you, your thoughts and some really kicking music. Driving music and go for a drive. Get some of your best driving music cd's none of the stuff you two listened to. Begin to clear your head. It doesn't mean you will be able to put everything out of your mind because you won't, but this will allow you to begin to get some perspective, distance and the begining of closure. By the time you return you should be able to deal with it better. Fix yourself a nice dinner or have something delivered (even better, Chinese) and spend one last night reviewing everything, thinking about it clearing out the last of the cobwebs so that when day 4 rolls around you will be on your way to recovery. Thus ending day 3.

These are the basics for starting to get over someone the rest is up to you.
                Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Or you can try the Albert Speer approach and post masses and masses of text on Poly about your love life and how everything sucks about it . On second thought... have we seen Speer lately?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

IMMY!!!!! You had to say that name
                    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Speer, Speer, Speer!!

(Doesn't have the same ring as "Humperdink, Humperdink, Humperdink!", but it'll do)
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

what's wrong with Speer?

Comment

That's like asking "what's wrong with Dis?". Oops!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            what's wrong with Speer?
                            Nothing in the short term but when he gets going on his lost loves or latest loves, well nicest thing to say is he's long winded.

Comment

guess I never paid attention to those threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                                Nothing in the short term but when he gets going on his lost loves or latest loves, well nicest thing to say is he's long winded.
                                And the worst thing to say is that he's Nucking Futs!

Ok, ok, I'll go to bed now!

Comment

Working...
                                X