Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    Then "How can we stop guys like him from getting guns in the future?"
    Like terrorists? Like the evil (fill in country of choice)?
    Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

If anyone is in the area they're having a memorial service tomorrow night.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Looks like your average domestic terrorist is a white guy. So maybe we should look into gun control for such terrorists.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Looks like your average domestic terrorist is a white guy. So maybe we should look into gun control for such terrorists.
        What we need is terrorist control, not gun control.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

The problem is that when someone shoots up a family in a house it doesn't make the national news, even if the relationship of the shooter to the victims was only marginal. That sort of thing is very common and is pretty much evenly spread amongst the races.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
            The problem is that when someone shoots up a family in a house it doesn't make the national news, even if the relationship of the shooter to the victims was only marginal. That sort of thing is very common and is pretty much evenly spread amongst the races.
            if that stuff made the national news, there'd be no time left for anything else on national news.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

how could a person hold a grudge for 20 years? Against people who weren't even involved in the incident?

I don't get it.

The guy had a wife and family. He wasn't a single white guy in his 30's for once. But a married white guy in his 30's.

Comment

Too bad he wasn't Amish, he'd still be reloading his first shot.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

dead children...
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

If anyone cares about the madness behind the madman; this guy molested some young family members when he was 12 years old, and had dreams of molesting people again.

He had intended on molesting the girls at the school, but the police got there so fast, he didn't have time. So he executed them.

This is London magazine has been established for over 65 years, providing readers with information about events, exhibitions, music, concerts, theatre and dining. As life returns to normal, Londoners are heading back into the Capital and many visitors are already coming from further afield.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                      how could a person hold a grudge for 20 years? Against people who weren't even involved in the incident?
                      Only 20 years? Check out the Balkans, the Middle East, ad nausem.

Comment

The Amish here are forgiving him. Some have even visited his family to comfort his children over the loss of their father.

Amish.

Comment

That is such a gesture. I'm speechless, and at the same time horrified over the nature of this crime and the impact it must have on so many people.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

This is the third school shooting in a week

Cheers to my country's gun-mania culture.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
                              Cheers to my country's gun-mania culture.
                              It's interesting to me that that is the first response for so many people.

What disturbs me more is that our society is producing people who want to go into a school and kill children.
                              Why is the first thing that stikes you about the situation the method the man used to kill the children? I'm not a pro 2nd amendment guy, but the gun issue seems secondary to the proliferation of murdering nut jobs.
                              I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I couldn't agree more.

Some people will instantly try and politicise anything, even a human tragedy such as this.

Comment

Working...
                                X