Records That Can't Be Broken or Will Be Difficult To Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spec
    Lemieux was better tahn Gretzky. If he had been healthy his whole career, he would have beaten gretzky. Also, Gretzky had great players with him, Edmonton was a destruction machine. Lemieux had squat. Overall, lemieux is a better player imo.

Spec.
    Jaromir Jagr was squat?

Lemieux did have injury problems, but he wasn't as good as Gretzky. He came close though for a few seasons. But Gretzky isn't just The Great One over his prime, but the fact that he was able to put him massive amounts of points over an absurd number of years. And when he went to LA, he didn't have a "destruction machine". He practically willed that Kings team to the Stanley Cup finals in 1993 as well.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

Fastest ever World Cup goal scored by San Marino against England ( ) after 8 seconds. It may even have been a Stuart Pearce own goal....
      on me for not checking, but not nearly as much as what the brits must have felt
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

But then you posted about a World Cup finals fastest goal. You are both correct.

Comment

You understand them better than they understand themselves. Not bad.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Lemieux was better tahn Gretzky. If he had been healthy his whole career, he would have beaten gretzky. Also, Gretzky had great players with him, Edmonton was a destruction machine. Lemieux had squat. Overall, lemieux is a better player imo.

Spec.
            What's your point? Even if I accept this, it doesn't mean anything.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Who cares ? I gladly give in for a humliation like San Marino making a goal in 8 seconds against one of the top countries in football
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yes, it does.

Spec.
                No, you're still wrong. Bossy fell 30% short. Selanne beat Bossy by 43%. Neither of those statements is open to interpretation. The comparison is to the other person's record, thus the other person's record is in the denominator in both cases; Selanne's in the first sentence, Bossy's in the second. This is simple grammar.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Ad nauseam.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I think Byron Nelson's record of 12 straight PGA wins will hold up, but if there was ever a player or a time it can be broken is is Tiger Woods, now. (He's won 6 in a row.)
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                      But then you posted about a World Cup finals fastest goal. You are both correct.
                      I wasn't disagreeing.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

And God bless you for that.

Why are we being so nice?

Comment

Records That Can't Be Broken or Will Be Difficult To Break
                          This one will be difficult to break, mainly due to distance .
                          http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Rogers Hornsby's "modern record" .424 batting average appears practically unbreakable (Considering that no one has even topped .400 since Ted Williams did it in the '40s).

Fernando Tatis hit 2 grand slams in the same inning in 1999. I doubt anyone will ever break that record.
                            I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff
                              Fernando Tatis hit 2 grand slams in the same inning in 1999. I doubt anyone will ever break that record.
                              Ooooh. That's tough.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

A better argument to have in this thread, besides this incredibly stupid argument over percentages, is if Sam Gilbert really did pay off the UCLA players in the 60's and 70's, and how much the Bruins really deserve those titles.

Since this isn't happening, I assume everyone agrees that UCLA was just a pack of cheaters. =)

Comment

Working...
                                X