X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Let's look at the division.

Green Bay has an aging Favre on offense, and a defense who's best attribute is cool hair. Hawk needs some team mates.
    698 yards, 6 TDs and 1 interception in two game. Aging or not, he is still one of the best QBs playing today (and possibly the best ever). You go shake a stick at him.

Minnesota wobbles more than a weeble.
    True, but weebles wobble but won't fall down (good analogy!!!)

Detroit has Matt Millan.
    Detroit has Mike Martz.

Bears will be totally disappointing if they don't win division, but that's as far as I'm going this early.
    The division is already wrapped up because despite what I have said, the other teams are .500ish at best.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Difference being at that point it wouldn't be a 'conditional bet', which is chicken**** stuff .
      Fine. Call it a chicken**** bet; but are you willing to make it?

[edit]Speaking of chicken****, it's a good 2½ hours past my bedtime. I gotta go.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

How about make the bet a 14-2 season?

I should be a negotiator.
        I can see a potential 14-2 season for the Bears (though I think it'll be more likely to have a 13-3 or 12-4 year).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
          Fine. Call it a chicken**** bet; but are you willing to make it?
          Not until it isn't conditional. I didn't make a conditional bet last season. It's a ***** bet.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

So I made good terms. Is there a bet then?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

14-2 sounds about right to me. 13-3 is nearly a lock barring any injuries, 14-2 likely.

Honestly, the two games I'm worried about the most:

1. NE - Tough team, of course, but more importantly tough D. The risk being if Grossman is still taking risks, these guys'll eat them up.
              2. StL - after a tough 3 game stretch, they get an easy week, then back on the road to a VERY good offense, regardless of the lack of defense. Grossman'll have to throw for 300+ to beat these guys, no matter how well our D plays.

And then Tampa, which I think we'll beat easily, but that could be a letdown game if we beat StL.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

barring any injuries

Well, that's always the important thing.

Comment

Of course

Though honestly the Bears are in a better injury situation than they've been in years, and probably a better one than most teams.

They don't have many real stars that are irreplaceable - Urlacher is a lot more replaceable than Peyton, though certainly that would hurt a lot - and they have great depth. QB, RB, both have two quite decent players. WR, we've shown Mushin isn't the lynchpin. CB may be our weakest point, honestly; FS/SS are fine, and DT we have three decent ones. DE is also a bit less tight than other positions, but our D relies more on the LBs than DEs compared to other defenses.

That said, injuries to three or four players might hurt a bit more But that of course is true for any team.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well, I was just thinking that I don't necessarily trust that Grossman will be uninjured throughout this season and we'll see how things work under Griese (I'm not sure it'd be as smooth as under Grossman).

Comment

• Damn, I never thought I'd hear anyone say that THIS year. A guy with less than a full season of games under his belt running things more smoothly then a multi year proven vet.
                      Especially whith what the local media was harping on in the preseason. Times change quick.

And the worse thing, I kind of agree.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• # 14 Brian Griese
                        NFL Experience: 9

Oh, damn. It's been this long?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Going 16-0 is extremely difficult.

Because the Bears have such a relatively easy schedule, they have a good chance of doing it. Though, I would say that going 16-0 would be more difficult than winning the Super Bowl.

However, I think this Bears team, if it can stay healthy, has a good chance of accomplishing both feats.

I'm not about to make any predictions or place any bets. The season is still very young and too many things can happen between now and the end of the season. Though, at this point, I do think the Bears are the best team in the NFL. There shouldn't be any doubt about that... at least, for intelligent people who are paying attention to football this year.

BTW... DICK JAURON
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• When did you start liking Dick Jauron, Sava?

Comment

• the day he was made head coach of the Bears

(facetiously)

Dick Jauron used to do a weekly radio show on Mondays here in Chicago. One week he came up with this nugget of radio greatness when talking about the show.

"It's not my show, but I'm on that show."

Dick Jauron
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• You would have to have lived here in Chicago during his reign and truly experienced Dick Jauron week after week to appreciate his greatness... not just as a football coach but as a man.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X