Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No... only 16-0 if they can make it past those three games undefeated. Sure its a bold statement with a Stl and TB probably in the playoff hunt (and Detroit is nowhere near as bad as 0-4 would indicate) and Green Bay being the Bears chief rival, but bets are made on bold statements, not minor ones.

Are you game for it? Either of you?
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

St. Louis isn't a blow off game, and you totally discount injury possibilities.
      That's at the very least.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
        No... only 16-0 if they can make it past those three games undefeated. Sure its a bold statement with a Stl and TB probably in the playoff hunt (and Detroit is nowhere near as bad as 0-4 would indicate) and Green Bay being the Bears chief rival, but bets are made on bold statements, not minor ones.

Are you game for it? Either of you?
        If they can go past the three most difficult games (on paper) in their schedule without a loss then maybe they'll be undefeated. What, so we have to wait until the end of November to see if there is a bet?!

Why not put your money where your mouth is, and bet on an undefeated season. Since you think it'll happen.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I know Stl isn't a blow off game. I said they would be in a playoff hunt when they play each other.

And I know about the injury bug (GOD do I know about it these past few years!), but again, that's part of making bold bets.
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

You'd be well-advised to cheer the Bears on and be happily surprised if there's anything more than a winning season.

That's the moderate in me talking.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

If they can go past the three most difficult games (on paper) in their schedule without a loss then maybe they'll be undefeated. What, so we have to wait until the end of November to see if there is a bet?!
              Yep.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Why not put your money where your mouth is, and bet on an undefeated season. Since you think it'll happen.
              I only think it could happen IF they make it past those three games.

And even if they do, I just think there is a good chance for it to happen, not that it will happen. Yes, this would be a bet that I could very well loose (unlike the last one you made wit me).

Comment

Such a 'bold bet', if they can get through the 3 toughest games on their schedule without a loss, then they'll go undefeated .

Come back at the end of November, and if the Bears are without a loss then I'll make your bet (then you can really claim being 'bold').
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Imran, if the Bears make it to that point still undefeated, you wouldn't take the bet anymore.

Comment

Bold bet? I would not be suprised to see the Bears get beaten up by Buffalo this Sunday.

You heard it here first.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Not going to happen. Dick Juron returns to Chicago as a Head Coach. Nope. Although I think this will be the hardest game for the Bears until that 3 game stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                        Imran, if the Bears make it to that point still undefeated, you wouldn't take the bet anymore.
                        You are damned straight I would. Repeat after me, the Bears (nor anyone else this season) is going undefeated.

You want to make a 'bold bet'? Drop the conditional stuff.

Comment

Let's look at the division.

Green Bay has an aging Favre on offense, and a defense who's best attribute is cool hair. Hawk needs some team mates.

Minnesota wobbles more than a weeble.

Detroit has Matt Millan.

Bears will be totally disappointing if they don't win division, but that's as far as I'm going this early.

Comment

Sorry Imran, taking a flat out "Undefeated Season" bet wouldn't be bold, it'd be stupid.

So, isn't saying that you'd take that bet at that point the same as taking it now, if the situation arises?

Comment

Difference being at that point it wouldn't be a 'conditional bet', which is chicken**** stuff .

Comment

How about make the bet a 14-2 season?

I should be a negotiator.

Comment

Working...
                                X