X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesson learned. (Well, I hope...)
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Well it wasn't Leinart's fault the Cards lost. He drove them to a perfect position. Hey, if they let him pass on that 3rd down maybe he drives them for a TD.
      He didn't get them into the end zone.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava

He didn't get them into the end zone.
        They didn't need a TD....at the time.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• After he got them in FG range that wasn't his 'job' according to the coaches. That's why the ran on 2nd and 3rd downs before the FG. They were playing for the kick.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
            Leinart beat these Bears, but the Cardinals' kicker lost it.
            I wouldn't say that ... I'd say the Bear's D won that, and good fortune. The kicker could've won it at the end, but he was the last in a series of people who had a chance to not lose it...

Though he certainly gets some of the blame for missing an easy kick
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Without instant replay (to reverse that INT return by by the Cards lineman), the Cards would have gone up 30-10 and could just sit on the ball.

Denny Green saw early success and pulled in his horns in the first half. Way too many opportunities wasted for zero points.

Plus, of course, missing 2 FGs. Rackers should be automatic. Choker. The next Janikowski.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'd say one of the 2 obvious holds on the punt return won the game for the Bears.

That being said, when the Bears go for the block on the punt, there is NO WAY you let the returner score a TD.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Bears win by sheer good fortune.
                  Bears won because their defense didn't quit... created turnovers... and because Devin Hester is amazing.

I'm not going to argue with any more morons tonight. It will ruin my Bears buzz.

I wonder if the MNF crew has a bad taste in their mouth from licking Leinart's ass all night. That was simply awful. We muted the TV the last 2 minutes. It was unbearable.

Thank god the Bears radio broadcast was in sync with the TV feed.

BEARS WIN

This was one of the greatest victories in recent Bears history. They came from behind and won a game they shouldn't have won. These are the kinds of victories Super Bowl teams come up with.

It didn't matter who the Bears were playing. The football stupid can make all the excuses they want. The Bears were going to win this game tonight and they did. Period.

This was a good game because the offense did struggle and the defense and special teams bailed them out. The Bears aren't one-dimensional. They are a complete team.

With the BYE week coming up, they can really take a look at the mistakes that were made and get ready for the coming weeks.

This isn't college football. Any team can beat any other team on any given day. Anyone who looks at a team's schedule and thinks that team is not as talented because of the competition it has faced is just stupid. Anyone who does that doesn't know **** about NFL football.

That's all I'm going to say tonight. Good night. GO BEARS.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    After he got them in FG range that wasn't his 'job' according to the coaches. That's why the ran on 2nd and 3rd downs before the FG. They were playing for the kick.
                    And that's why they lost.

They were only in this game because of turnovers. Without Rex screwing up, the Cardinals wouldn't have had a chance anyways. They were lucky to be even in it in the first place.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• They ran back a punt. They were fortunate. Lightning struck.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Why shouldn't the MNF crew be licking Matt Leinart's ass? He was in his first start against an incredible defense and he 'only' completed 57% of his passes for 232 yards and 2 TDs. I mean that has to be one of the most impressive first time starts in NFL history.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• jesus ****ing christ. This is why I'm not a cardinals fan. Even if they are one of the few teams close to my home city (chargers being the other one).

But the one good thing is the rookie QB mounting a 4th quarter drive for the (would be) game winning FG. 40 yards is not an unreasonable distance to ask a kicker to make consistantly. argh.

Comment

• Devin Hester's awesomeness isn't luck. Rackers wide left - yes, that's luck.

I think I now am beginning to understand just what it is to be a Cardinals fan. That is the most soul-crushing loss I've ever seen.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• James met Mr. Urlacher several times. Briggs played a great game. I imagine James is glad the game is over.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                                I think I now am beginning to understand just what it is to be a Cardinals fan. That is the most soul-crushing loss I've ever seen.
                                I've heard it compared to being a Red Sox fan prior to 2004. It's not a happy thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X