Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well you are a Texan, so your opinion doesn't count .

Hey, it was fun when the Smurfs would do a group high five. The Ickey Shuffle was great stuff. Moss and T.O. have done some very amusing antics in the end zone.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I could careless if the celebrate or not. It's not what I watch the game for.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• And I don't watch to see a comedy act remenicient of The 3 Stooges.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
          And I don't watch to see a comedy act remenicient of The 3 Stooges.
          Go get more beer at that time then.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• More Beer
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I can see you winning a case.

You butt heads with your client, run over and High Five the judge, and complete the celebration by leaping the rail to the jury box into the arms of adoring jurors.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Hey, they scored a TD, they are happy. Who cares if they jump around? I mean was it really that much of a problem in the 80s? As long as the celebration doesn't take 15 minutes, who gives crap?
                T.O. pretty much single handedly ruined it for all professional celebrators.

Much as I hated Deonne Sanders, T.O.'s Sharpie Incident and his previous "Take the ball out to the 50 yardline and taunt the other team", pretty much sealed the curtailing of after TD celebrations.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Nah, it was ruined well before that. The NFL decided to crack down on 'group celebrations' like the Smurf jump in the early 90s.

Comment

• While you are correct that mass cleebrations were on the way out per a 1984 rule that was relaxed until a new version came out in 2000 , T.O.'s Dallas star taunting created the tightening of the 2001 rule change on taunting. Likewise his sharpie incident caused creation of the Owens rule

the Terrell Owens rule[citation needed] -- no "foreign objects" on a player's uniform (enacted in response to the 2002 "Sharpie™ incident"), though existing rules already forbade this.
                    From Wikipedia
                    Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe; October 11, 2006, 14:04.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• I'm with sloww on this one. Just hand the ball to the ref and go to the sideline where chest bumps and high fives are appropriate behavior.
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• I have yet another 5 dollars I'll bet.
                        My bet? Close calls will be called favoring the class act.

Comment

• It's a freaking game, Sloww, and they are high-strung kids. Yeah, they're paid professionals, but that doesn't mean they can't take a little joy in their successes.

Sure, acting like it's all in a day's work is the classy thing, but to each his own. As you say, maybe it comes back to benefit the class players on borderline calls.

The problem with penalties for celebration is that they're (inherently) judgment calls. So it always ticks off one side or the other when "excessive celebration" is called. I think they should just put a short clock on it (5-10 seconds) from the time the whistle blows. Exceed the time limit, it's unsportsmanlike.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• What I prefer has nothing to do with their rules. Believe it or not, I'm entitled to my views on it.
                            My view is to show some class, "kid" or not.

Comment

• Week VI -- no Bears game until MNF, but still... I'm ready for some football!
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• If Dallas loses to Houston, which they certainly could, I'm for tanking the rest of the season giving backups, like Romo, time to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X