Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Thread!

I haven't had one of these in a while

For the past week, I have been experiencing a variety of symptoms. I have been getting headaches (that start in the back of my neck and move toward just above the eyes. These headaches are also often accompanied by sensitivity to light), stomach aches, muscle soreness all over my body, I have been drained of energy, etc.

I went to the doctor, who said that it was likely a cold/flu of some sort, but it has not subsided yet.
    The headaches are the worst part.

What do I have and what can I do to ease the pain?
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Go easy on the vodka for a couple of hours.
    What?

Comment

I don't drink

Comment

Have vodka for a couple of hours.
        What?

Comment

Sinus allergies?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sypmtoms sound like the ones i have when i get a migraine. For my mild migraines i usually take the excederin tension headache caplets. For full blown migraines i will have to use the pills doc gave me just for migraines.
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Sinus allergies?
              I'm not allergic to anything that I'm aware of, but I have been having a lot of sinus trouble lately.

Comment

You can get sinus trouble without being allergic. Also, pretty much everyone is allergic to some pollen or another, just a matter of how badly.

Anyway, sounds more like flu/stress headaches to me. Some form of aspirin/ibuprofen/acetaminophen and some mint tea is my prescription. And a good neckrub.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Re: Medical Thread!

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                  I haven't had one of these in a while

For the past week, I have been experiencing a variety of symptoms. I have been getting headaches (that start in the back of my neck and move toward just above the eyes. These headaches are also often accompanied by sensitivity to light), stomach aches, muscle soreness all over my body, I have been drained of energy, etc.

I went to the doctor, who said that it was likely a cold/flu of some sort, but it has not subsided yet.
                  The headaches are the worst part.

What do I have and what can I do to ease the pain?
                  The people of mother russia don't ease their pain, they stand through it and come out stronger for the eternal glory of teh putin.
                  Blah

Comment

It's leprosy.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Explosive leprosy, I'd say.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

It's the seven year commie syndrome. Eat two turnips and report to the local commissar in the morning.

Comment

Are the headaches so severe that they incapacitate you? Is the pain throbbing? How long do they last? Are they accompanied by nausea? Are they preceded by flashing lights, dizzyness, localized numbness or localized weakness?
                          Migraine headaches are often so severe that they incapacitate the sufferer for time periods that range from several hours to several days. The pain is often described as unilateral and throbbing, but this varies. In addition to sensitivity to light (photophobia) and sound (phonophobia) they're often accompanied by nausea with or without vomiting. The sufferer may also experience an aura of flashing lights, dizzyness, or even stroke-like symptoms such as unilateral numbness and / or weakness.

Judging from your description I can't really say yet whether you're having migraine headaches or not. The fact that you're having generalized body aches argues that it could be just a virus. It's also possible that you might have migraines that are temporary, having been triggered by the virus. What are you taking for the headache? I would recommend 600 mg of Ibuprofen every 6 hours as needed. Sleep should also help. If the headaches persist until late next week I'd see the doctor again.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Com. Tassader

I have some of the symptoms you have...

"Headache, starting in my back, going throught my neck and to my front head", in these moment I always feel drained of energy(devitalize).

This is recurring. Sometimes it worst than others...

The only things that works for me are:
                            1- (fixed Sloww) Ibuprofen or aspiring are able to calm my headache but not always.
                            2- I also put some essential oil of Mint on my neck(around 2-3 drop, more than that, you can burn your skin) (really effective). I dont know if all essential oil of mint works. But my sister gave one bottle to me and I use it in the morning if I feel that I will suffer from neck pain and headache in the day.
                            3- And one of my friend(who a practician) give me a neck and back massage.(he is really good)
                            Last edited by CrONoS; October 1, 2006, 23:00.
                            bleh

Comment

You have an chronic case of malingerance.
                              ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                              X