Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most famous motor race in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most famous motor race in the world?

I know there aren't many motor racing fans on Apolyton, but that doesn't matter. Which (if any) of these three is the most famous - the Indy 500, the Le Mans 24 hour, or the Monaco Grand Prix?
    Indy 500
    32.43%
    Le Mans 24 Hours
    13.51%
    Monaco Grand Prix
    45.95%
    Bratislava Banana Challenge
    8.11%

I vote Monaco.

Am I right? Do I win something?
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

no Daytona 500 option.

Comment

The F1 GP in Francorchamps.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Yes ... clearly this is some sort of european created poll.

The Daytona 500 is probably the most popular, and I think in the last ten years also most famous, race in the States. The Indy 500 is most famous among people of my generation, but beyond my generation it's going to be Daytona all the way. After the Unser/Fittpaldi CART glory years of the mid-90s, when the IRL split off I think was the death of the Indy 500 as America's Race and the ascendance of NASCAR and the Daytona 500.

That said, I'd ask UR what the world's most famous race is. I'd bet they race something in China...

Anyhow, I'm considering the Banana option a Daytona protest vote
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            no Daytona 500 option.
            Daytona wha?
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Monaco Grand Prix, hands down.
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Cannonball run!
                What?

Comment

Voted Monaco, but I don't hold it in high regard because of few overtakings taking place there. Although, there have been some memorable ones in recent years.

Local TV stations don't carry the American races. Eurosport does but all I ever catch on it is curling and cycling

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Yes ... clearly this is some sort of european created poll.
                    Well, it's about the most famous one in the world, not in the US.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Indy has been a race since around 1914 give or take.

Comment

I'm a Euro and all hate motor sports (sports? ) but even I've heard of the the Indy 500.

Comment

Kentucky Derby.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Kentucky Derby.
                            What about THE Derby? We don't need to qualify ours!

Comment

Steve McQueen was in a movie about LeMans.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X