Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

naked 11 year olds? I don't think so
    I was more thinking of scenes such as the great flood, tower of babel, destruction of sodom and gomorrah, stuff that the 11-12 group would find cool.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

No big deal. I've been teaching Sunday school for about 8 yeasrs now. The problem I had with having my own kids in my Sunday school class was that my son tended to act out more when I was teaching.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Sunday school is something religious?
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Yeah?

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Jesus Christ! There will be people whose sole knowledge of religion will come from AH? How screwed up is that?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
              Make them play Civilization IV. It starts with "In the beginning", so it's class-related.
              "Let your light be as a city on a hill"

...or was that, "mountain"?

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley

I was more thinking of scenes such as the great flood, tower of babel, destruction of sodom and gomorrah, stuff that the 11-12 group would find cool.
                thank goodness - sorry, I must have mistaken you for Asher

probably work better for a younger group - I'm working on the principle that 11-12 year olds want to be engaged intelligently, in fact the part that got their attention was when I mentioned science fiction
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

You should point out the endless Biblical references and allusions and metaphors in Tolkien's work.
                  "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                  "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                  "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Somehow, I never thought AH a pederast.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I thought he was mormon.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Sunday School and the like is funny. I remember constantly asking too many questions and as a result, getting the teacher completely annoyed. Same thing happened with my confirmation classes - I constantly pissed off the priest who was in charge of it because of my questions, including the day of confirmation itself.
                        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Sodom and Gomorrah lends itself well to science fiction. Mistreat the alien visitors and get yourself zapped by a ray from outer space. Good stuff! Right up the 12-year-old trail of imagination. And there is even a moral to the story of Lot's wife: "Don't look back."
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

when it comes to dietary law you should definitely make some good food
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

AH teaching Sunday school... a sign of the Antichrist??

(\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Mark Twain has a great story relating to Genesis ... Adam and Eve or some such. Google it. It makes a great dramatic reading.

(Apparently, the "reader's theatre" version is not available free online, though "Eve's Diary" is. However, it's the combined version, which may be a post-twain adaptation possibly, doesn't seem to be copyright-free.)
                                Last edited by snoopy369; September 26, 2006, 01:16.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X