Biased, but funny.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biased, but funny.

So, yes, a court said that Google couldn't have copies of certain Belgian newspapers on Google News or on their cache.

Therefore, Google removes them entirely from their index.

I think someone's ****ed, and it's not Google.
    B♭3

I heard about that a couple of days ago as well and is was worth several chuckles.

I'm really dumfounded by these companies turning their noses up at traffic. Other companies pay good money to get more traffic from the search engines. I have a blog and about 70% of the referred traffic is from Google, and it's totally free, so why would I mess with that?

The news orgs must think that they can control and need to control the traffic. I think that's a ridiculous view of the world, but they persist.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I think that Google is violating the "fair use" clause of copyright pretty often. I think the whole copyright law should be trashed, but while it's there it's there and Google is taking advantage of other people's content in its news service.

Comment

Working...
      X