Amsterdam Poly Meet, Saturday Sep 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by germanos
    I can't attend in the evening, but if something is being set up somewhere before 20:00 (preferably 18:00 though) I'll keep posted.
    i do plan to say all day anyway and catch a late train or something so it could be an extended meet or two meets
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by germanos
      I can't attend in the evening, but if something is being set up somewhere before 20:00 (preferably 18:00 though) I'll keep posted.
      CORRECTION:

I misinterpreted my evening party: it starts between 5 and 6 pm .
      I guess it will have to be 12:04 then
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

where are we meeting?

preferably somewhere i could find my way easily from the train station

Comment

Well, I think I'll take the train that'll lets me arrive at 12:18, so we could meet in front of the train station if you want -- that seems like it would be the easiest for you if you don't mind waiting 15 minutes. If anyone else can make it (but apart from germanos that isn't looking too good at the moment) I know my way around Amsterdam a little bit and could take you to wherever we're meeting.

Last time we met on the Nieuwmarkt, which apart from the fact that it was raining cats and dogs at the time which meant all the cafes were chock full, worked well enough. At least noone seemed to have trouble finding the place. The weather should be better this time around (*knocks on wood*) so it might be good to meet there again.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I'm available for something from the second half of the afternoon on.

Locutus, do you still have the same cell phone number?

Comment

No, I'm switching providers but having trouble transfering my old number. I'll PM you, Markos and anyone else who might be attending my temporary number that I'm using in the meantime tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                Well, I think I'll take the train that'll lets me arrive at 12:18, so we could meet in front of the train station if you want
                sounds good. i'll be the guy with the Athens 2004 t-shirt (too bad i didnt think of bringing one the apolyton ones...)

Comment

Weather permitting I think I'll be wearing my CivAnon shirt

Below is a map of the area around Amsterdam Centraal. They're doing a lot of renovation work in and around the station so I'm not sure how up-to-date exactly this is and where you have to exit the building ATM, but if you try to get anywhere near the red square I drew (near a tourist info centre and a coffee house) it should be fairly easy for us to find each other. Just follow the signs that lead to the trams and busses, should be pretty straight forward.
                  Attached Files

Comment

printed

Comment

it was great to see locutus for the first time and zopperoni again! hopefully i'll be in netherlands for the next Ultrecht meet!

we forgot to do a meet photo, here are a few of the highlights of the day:

the silliest city flag ever

Comment

museum / great place for sliding

Comment

street canal performer

Comment

't was a good meet

Originally posted by MarkG
                            hopefully i'll be in netherlands for the next Ultrecht meet!
                            Speaking of which: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=157662

Comment

a couple more
                              loc&zop were kind enough to let me act like a tourist, taking photos all the time

Comment

Working...
                              X