Iraq torture "worse after Saddam"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq torture "worse after Saddam"

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Freedom is on the march!
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

The United States is spreading democracy you idiot!

You gotta get down on your knees, and lick the shoes of President Bush in gratitude for his glorious democratic scheme in Iraq and keep your mouth shut about your anti-American opinions.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

OMG you're not dead.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Bush-style freedom and democracy in action!

Rock ON!

-=Vel=-

{/sarcasm}
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

In 2003, UN also predicted that around 500 000 civilians would die during the upcoming Iraq war between Hussein and Bush... I'm surprised any of you take this "expert" as an authority of any sort.

Comment

Is it really a suprise that the situation might be worse in a nation on the brink of civil war than in a established dictatorship? If nothing else, it should look worse. As far as I know, mr. Hussein didn't leave his victims to be found.

Comment

OMG! Comrade Tass is MOBIUS's DL!!!!

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

no

Comment

Clearly, the freedom to torture people you don't like is an important freedom that Bush supports. Too bad that pesky Congress and the courts keep getting in his way at home.
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Freedom to torture people
                    Freedom to be tortured

Clearly the Iraqi people have gained all essential freedoms. We can leave now.
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                      OMG! Comrade Tass is MOBIUS's DL!!!!

Nonsense. He's had plenty of opportunities to insult others' religious beliefs since he came back, and hasn't taken any. He also hasn't blamed this on Israel, at least not in this thread.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                        In 2003, UN also predicted that around 500 000 civilians would die during the upcoming Iraq war between Hussein and Bush... I'm surprised any of you take this "expert" as an authority of any sort.
                        To be honest this estimate appears to be much closer to reality then the 'welcomed with flowers and lots of hugging and kissing'-scenario.
                        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                          Freedom to torture people
                          Freedom to be tortured

Clearly the Iraqi people have gained all essential freedoms. We can leave now.

I'm glad you see the light now.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Is it really a suprise that the situation might be worse in a nation on the brink of civil war than in a established dictatorship? If nothing else, it should look worse. As far as I know, mr. Hussein didn't leave his victims to be found.
                            I agree, how is this surprising.

In husseins day you had one person doing the torturing and controlling who got told about the torture.

Now you have four or so groups running around committing torture and an independant media who catalogues all this.

Comment

It might be true, perhaps if you discount the most brutal methods used by Hussein and kids since they usually ended with the death of the suspect...

Comment

Working...
                              X