Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American students forced to say pledge of allegiance to mexican flag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American students forced to say pledge of allegiance to mexican flag?

Maybe a Texas poster can shed more light on this. This website looks a bit biased. Anything with a Texas emblem like that is going to be.

Actually what I find funny about the article is it seems like there is such thing as a Texas Pledge. Crazy state. They still think they are their own nation. They are living in the 1840's. Get with the 21st century people. . Only kidding, it's always fun to make fun of Texans.

Anyways, They weren't actually forced to recite it as they didn't know it, but it makes for a catchier thread title. . Still sounds a bit stupid to me. I'm tired of bilingual crap. It doesn't work. Teach the students english and tell them to **** their heritage. They are americans now. You don't see me going around doing stupid german or English customs do you? No, because those are stupid countries with stupid traditions (only kidding). I'm an american now.

Actually according to the article, only the parents recited it. Still kind of silly to me. As you don't see assembly's portraying English traditions. I don't even know if they have a pledge over there. I'm sure it involves alcohol in some way. When I went to school I learned so much about mexican customs and heritage, but nothing about asian or european customs. What's wrong with this picture?
    Last edited by Dis; September 20, 2006, 05:19.

Link died.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Link didn't work.

Never heard anything about saying a pledge to the Mexican flag, but yeah there is a Texas Pledge, sorry your state apparently isn't good enough for one.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I know if a school had asked my daughter to say a pledge to Mexico, 7 kinds of Hell would break loose.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Pledge of allegiance

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Indeed in my later high school years, as I became disillusioned, I stopped saying it altogether, and basically only stood for it.
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

What Arrian said

Pledging your allegiance to a flag realy doesnt belong in a free and democratic country, its the kind of thing you would expect in totalitarian countries.

Comment

I don't think pledge of alliance as a concept is good idea in schools anyway. I do think it's a good military tradition, but not for kids and school, after all it's a doctrine that is pushed into your head, kind of like propaganda. It's just too strong IMO.

How about pledge of alliance to your fellow man or something. Pledges are OK but I think they should come in later age, when you can handle the meaning adn concept of it, not when you are forcefed and you are left with no options of self conceptualisation, that I think is _essential_ part of freedom.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You guys have seen how the hand was held originally in the US pledge, right?

This site has more photos and info on the stuff. I wish the guy didn't ruin the images with overlays though/

Link

Link 2
                  "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

Working...
                  X