Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you live in a chaos or in a well-ordered household?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you live in a chaos or in a well-ordered household?

I spent just ca. two hours searching a quite important document.

I'm rather chaotic at home, however, after I messed things up so that I have to search things like today I always bring back order into my stuff ....just that it doesn't last that long, and sooner or later I'm in the same situation

So I'm constantly in a "war against chaos"
    Blah

Chaos has no place in my home.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Actually, I live just outside the Eye of Terror, but I still vacuum every once in awhile.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm leaving alone in a big 5 1/2 (5 rooms and one bathroom)... Mainly 95% of times, is clean and ordered. But there is this 5% times, were it's chaotic!(Mainly during mid and end of semester)
        bleh

Comment

Well ordered, unfortunately.

There is no need to mop the floor every single day!
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I live in well-ordered chaos. The patterns of how I lay my stuff is weird for most, but suitable for me. In fact, if you were to see my place and see how I've placed things, you would have an experience and say 'woh.. this is certainly unusual.. but somehow captivating. Just like you Pekka, this is mad but brilliant. My brains can't grasp this concept, because it is too awesome, intelligent and unorthodox'. To which I'd simply nod. You would hardly notice the nod but you know I did nod. Or did you?

Was it just a gesture, not a nod, or perhaps just a look in my face, in my eyes, that made you think it was a nod? Now you are embarrased because you're nodding to me like an animal who is stupid. Somehow though, you feel Dr Lecterian atmosphere of rapid genius but not quite home. It is not murdereous or insane, it is rather unusual and you would never feel home here...

This is because your brains function differently. That is because you have developed what I call normal thinking patterns, wasted by your education, by your growing up time and lack of nutrition to your brains, stimulus and the lack of weird.

You don't quite know normal from abnormal. But you seek the line, have you found it? Are you crossing it? YOu wonder, if after this experience you will ever be the same.. how can you, after this knowledge of feeling your body produced?
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Chaos.

My house generally looks... "lived in." We have a dog, for one thing so it's a constant battle with fur. Or it would be, if we chose to fight it.

Occasionally I'll actually catch up on the dishes. There was one day last week where everything was washed and put away... but then we fell behind again over the weekend.

We don't generally have trouble finding important documents, though.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Arrian, come on.. with your style, you will never sell your house. This is how your house is..

It's.. seen a lot. Experiences. Good or evil, depends how you see the world. A beast lived there as well, a hungry beast.

There are living organisms everywhere, life forms, with teeth. Teeth that will cut your babies out of the stomach of the birth giver and the load carrier of humanity. Enemies of youth and innocence.

But there's truth also. Like a Swiss clock, everything works it their own, precise and strange way.

--------

I should go and pursue a career in real estate.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I keep everything orderly and clean.

There are only two permitted "zones" of chaos in our place - my wife's desk, and a chair in the bedroom on which she leaves clothes in various states (but not ready for laundry). A handful of times a year I lose patience with those zones and clean them up.

Yes, I'm obsessive-compulsize.

Comment

two questions mr mustard..

First off.. these zones of evil, do they have any special features, like a vortex?

Also, how big is compul?
                    In da butt.

Comment

I have a good friend who is an engineer. Both he and his wife are obsessively clean & neat.

Their house scares me. It's closer to a museum than a house.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Pekka,

Actually, you've hit on something we are going to have to face next year. We plan to sell the house. For a period of time, likely a couple of months, we are going to have to keep the house really clean and neat, so it can be shown to others.

-Arrian

Comment

Well, I mainly look to have bathroom and kitchen nice and clean - these I wouldn't want to have in a mess. But with all the paperwork it's a bit different. I always find what I want though, but sometimes ...ummm....in strange places
                          Blah

Comment

Arrian, this I know. Why do you think I choose your house to be described, based on your description?

For a nice comission, you would be looking at 250% results, because I'm just that good.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              two questions mr mustard..

First off.. these zones of evil, do they have any special features, like a vortex?

Also, how big is compul?
                              They do sometimes suck up things they shouldn't - which I then have to go digging for, like one of the wife's paystubs or lunch receipts.

Another feature of the desk is that I sometimes think it could serve as a feeding area for small pet - a hamster or something similar. That's how many crumbs end up in the area thanks to her eating breakfast at her desk.

I'm pretty bad for non-medicated OC - I make lists, I keep things in order, I track all sorts of stuff. One thing I don't go overboard on though is sanitizing everything - I think that's just a sure-fire way to kill your family's immune systems and develop allergies.

Comment

Working...
                              X