No announcement yet.

Canadian's Brace For New Conscription Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa..I just had a thought about this. What border will protestors go over?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

@ thread.

Comment

17-09-2006 22:25 #1

Canadian's Brace For New Conscription Law Avatar Enlargement: We've got the solution

quote:

Alberta, Canada
        11:22 p.m.

Alberta today announed plans for a history making sweep towards national protection, by placing into effect a mandatory signup of all males 18 years or older.

Opposition had been vocal, and at times violent acts have seemed inevitable.

Jack Sprat, of a grassroots party opposed to conscription, was taken into custody today for terroristic phone calls to government offices.
        So what's the source of this . .. some twelve year old's blog. Its not witty enough or detailed enough to be a good piece of satire.

I thought Jack Spratt would have said "I can eat no lean and will therefore fail the medical"
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
          at present 100% of my monthly income is a result of oil and gas extraction in Alberta
          Ditto-- well my wife still makes a pittance on mat leave

Originally posted by Victor Galis
          Sadly, for all my left-of center environmentalist Alberta-bashing ways,
          Too bad. Must suck to be reliant on something you hate. Thankfully my politics fit my job just fine
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

So what's the source of this . .. some twelve year old's blog.
            That or a university educated Texan. Same basic intelligence level.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Oh blow me.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Ditto-- well my wife still makes a pittance on mat leave

Too bad. Must suck to be reliant on something you hate. Thankfully my politics fit my job just fine
                No see, if I had an actual job it would dwarf my income from Albertan oil. Or if I hadn't made some poor investment decisions, my income from Albertan oil would start to approach a level where I can maintain the poor student lifestyle.
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                X