Computer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Question

I have iTunes installed on the Admin account on Windows XP, and an iPod Nano that appears to work fully and properly with that program. How do I get another iPod (Shuffle) to work on the same computer? Apple's help tells me that I should install iTunes for each user, which makes sense, but the XP guide I have says that programs installed on a limited account probably won't work right, and I don't recall being given a choice of where to install in the first place. I'm not a very sophisticated user, but any helpful advice would make Dad look like a hero. Thanks.
    Old posters never die.
    They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

iTunes should recognise the different devices, I have my iPod Nano, my brothers iPod Mini and my dads 60Gb iPod all running off the same copy of iTunes on my Windows laptop.
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Use Winamp with the ml_ipod plugin.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Now I'm really confused.

The iPod Nano continues to work just fine.

The iPod Shuffle does not show up on either My Computer or the Device Manager on my home computer, much less in iTunes.

Tried a couple different USB ports on my home computer. The Shuffle still doesn't show up.

Took the Shuffle to the Apple Store. Shows up in both My Computer and iTunes for them. Everything looks fine.

Took the Shuffle to work today. Shows up in both My Computer and Device Manager on my work machine.

I've worked my way through most of the troubleshooting on Apple's website. Nothing helps.

Anything I should try or change with Windows or Norton Security?
        Should I reinstall iTunes and try again?
        Trade the Shuffle in on another Nano and hope it works?
        Any other good ideas?
        Old posters never die.
        They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Reinstalling is never a bad idea.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
            Use Winamp with the ml_ipod plugin.
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

OR, use the Winamp with the ml_ipod plugin.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
              X