Mistaken Video from hategun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistaken Video from hategun

This clip is a bit old, but I think it's still valid.

Ohh, boy.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

completely predictable, mediocre video with a political message

my recommendation is that you don't bother watching it

Comment

Carmina Burana is an overused songs!
        Last edited by CrONoS; September 16, 2006, 13:01.
        bleh

Comment

No, only the opening overture, "Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi," which I'm guessing is what's used here (my PC has no speakers). The rest of the cycle has never been heard by 90% of the people who've heard FIM.

It is kind of funny listening to the contexts in which the song is used though. It's almost always to denote something

A. Triumphant, as in "Excalibur," or
          B. Momentous/faux-momentous, as in "Jackass."

And it certainly sounds like both of those things...unless you know what the Latin lyrics mean. The song's actually about the pure capriciousness of fate and the horror of human existence because of it. That swelling final chorus ("oooooomnes plaaaangiteeeeeeeeee!") means literally "everyone, weep with me!"
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Fixed:
            The first(and the last) movement of the Carmina Burana opera, is an overused movement!!!!!!!!!
            bleh

Comment

You might want to fix it some more; 'taint an opera. It's a cycle of medieval songs set to music by a twentieth-century composer.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It's a chorale. I have "seen," i.e., sat and listened to it being performed in two separate settings by two different choral groups. Depending on the director's emphasis, one can hear either the drama of the piece or the sense of irony. The claim is that it was composed for Hitler by people who weren't really admirers. So it presents praises that can also be interpreted as sorrows. Don't know how true that is. I'm sure it sounded good to the composer after Hitler was dead, and he was stuck explaining why he wrote it.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

tldw
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                    completely predictable, mediocre video with a political message

my recommendation is that you don't bother watching it
                    thanks

I was too lazy to click the link anyways. I only do so if other people give recommendations.

Comment

I think you'd like it dis

Comment

Working...
                      X