Zune announced today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whaleboy
    The more I read about it, the more I think that the only people who are going to buy this thing in any serious numbers are those who will avoid Apple as a matter of principle rather than making a rational purchase...
    I avoid Apple as a matter of principle, and because I prefer to make rational purchases. I will avoid the Zune for the same reason.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

What do you use then?
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

What do you use then?
        I have a Mobiblu and a Shuffle that was given to me as a gift, but I'm thinking of getting a Sandisk.
        Last edited by LordShiva; September 17, 2006, 18:18.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The photo's don't fill me with confidence about its ability to survive a typical day in my hands... i.e., getting chucked into bags, having stuff thrown on it, stuck in a pocket with keys and various crap, all that kind of abuse that my iPod Nano has survived, and it's working perfectly (albeit mucky as hell).

The more I read about it, the more I think that the only people who are going to buy this thing in any serious numbers are those who will avoid Apple as a matter of principle rather than making a rational purchase... Asher, for instance .
          This makes no sense to me, whatsoever.

I don't see how it looks any more fragile than any other MP3 player, on the contrary it seems like it'll be far more resistant to scratches than the iPod Nanos/5G...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What are you basing that on?
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

The material of the casing?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I don't think it can be more scratch prone than the previous generation Nano. Its just not possible. I still don't understand how the original Nano passed QA.

Now, the new black aluminum Nanos look sweet! But they're the same price as 30 GB iPods.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

You pay the premium for the smaller size. I paid more for my 6gb zen micro when it came out, the full size models have a lot more hard drive space but they're just too big for me. I like being able to fit it into my trouser pocket comfortably, can't really do that with normal ipod's or zen's, and the ipod mini's at the time were hideous (ignoring the other concerns at the time, though they seem to have caught up).

Comment

You pay the premium for the smaller size.
                    I know.

Hideous? The Mini? I have a silver Mini and I think it looks good. The new Nanos look like small Minis, btw.
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

To be honest, the brown one, and the plastic casing, really makes the Zune look... cheap. As in, third-rate.
                      B♭3

Comment

Kinda like the old fruit-colored iMacs and PowerMacs, actually. Cheap, third-rate, disposable crap.
                        B♭3

Comment

Working...
                        X