Zune announced today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher

Gee, I don't know. Maybe it has to do with your comment about this being a ripoff of the iPod, which is a bit confusing because by the same logic iPod ripped off Rio and Creative...

And I think it also comes in poor timing seeing as iTunes 7 blatantly lifts one of WMP11's view features.
    I thought Creative and Rio were flash players witha whopping 32 MB space for your 10 or so favourite tunes.

Its more like Apple ripped off Phillips with is 9 GB(?) HD mp3 players..

In any case the Zune looks like another bad copy of iPod, didnt Zen tried this and failed already?

I'm happy with my Nokia N71 + 2 GB SDmini card for my wma/aac++ tunes.

Buy a decent phone instead.
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Creative had a harddrive-based Jukebox before Apple launched the iPod. In fact, it came out in recent court proceedings that Apple first approached Creative wanting to license their technology and brand it as an Apple product. Creative turned it down, and the iPod was born.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

and somehow Apple triupmhed....

Lets face it, Apples got more talent and innovation skills than anyone else on the market.

If I wasent the way I am I'd be happy to jump on the iPod bandwagon.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
          and somehow Apple triupmhed....

Lets face it, Apples got more talent and innovation skills than anyone else on the market.
          better marketing yes, better innovation, debatable.

Comment

well by innovation I mean "the successful exploitation of new ideas" as it is defined by the economic theories.
            Last edited by laurentius; September 14, 2006, 22:56.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Ah, see I was going by the plain english meaning

Comment

Well alright then. In Finnish language it has no other definition than "the successful exploitation of new ideas" . I dont know what it stands for in "plain english" I thought it might have been something similar.

My bad.

Okay so let me rephrase....the Apple iPod was the first to fully exploit the profit opportunities available in this specific market. By providing an all around service for its customers it succesfully consolidated a leading market position for both its iPod players as well as for its iTunes online music store.

- Paul Valery

Comment

no, that can be an english meaning, its just down on the list where I'm from.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Gee, I don't know. Maybe it has to do with your comment about this being a ripoff of the iPod, which is a bit confusing because by the same logic iPod ripped off Rio and Creative...
                    or maybe you're a worthless one-trick-pony troll who puts your own words into other people's mouths in the internet in order to curb your real life insecurity?

Comment

Back on topic, zune looks pretty damn nice! I'd probably buy one if my less than 2 years old zen micro wasn't still working great. And I think the brown one looks good...

Comment

Where is RIAA and MPAA in all this?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting a Zune for my next mp3 player. We'll see what Apple comes up with for the upcoming iPod's. I'm not interested in TV shows or movies on it.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's hard to say what exactly is a ripoff of an iPod, considering that all it has in common with an iPod is it's a harddrive based MP3 player. Of which Apple was not the first.
                            I would agree, except that you know as well as I do about the importance of offering technology (which isn't necessarily new or revolutionary) in a package which is accessible, easy to use, cheap, and with a comprehensive service (iTunes) to back it up. I wouldn't imagine that more than a fraction of iPod users care about the fact that it's a closed, monopolistic system that puts their money at the whim of a monopolistic junta with pretty boxes.

As far as the success of iPod is concerned therefore, I'd say that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. A bit of healthy competition would certainly help though .
                            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy

I would agree, except that you know as well as I do about the importance of offering technology (which isn't necessarily new or revolutionary) in a package which is accessible, easy to use, cheap, and with a comprehensive service (iTunes) to back it up. I wouldn't imagine that more than a fraction of iPod users care about the fact that it's a closed, monopolistic system that puts their money at the whim of a monopolistic junta with pretty boxes.

As far as the success of iPod is concerned therefore, I'd say that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. A bit of healthy competition would certainly help though .

I agree but the major point is something needs to be done to compete with Itunes not the MP3 devices per se.

Creative has had for a long time now great MP3 devices, BFD. Its Itunes that needs t obe cracked not the device market.
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Apple should be slapped with an antitrust lawsuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X