• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wee Wee Zoune.
    B♭3

Comment

Flash players > HDD players
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Oh, wicked, bad, naughty Zoune!
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          Flash players > HDD players
          In theory, yes... but until they can get a decent sized flash chip, HDD > Flash. Although if the technology takes off, Fe-RAM > Flash > HDD.
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

What?

MP3s can't support DRM...

It supports WMA (DRM is included by whoever rips it...so pirated songs/your songs you rip shouldn't have it), MP3, and AAC -- all of which work without DRM.
            From your selected posting from the article:
            You can also share playlists and pictures with your buddies, along with what we suppose are "unprotected" homemade recordings.
            This is an ambiguous statement. "Unprotected" could be a reference to DRM vs. non-DRM, but what caught me was the very next two words: Homemade recordings. Are those something you made yourself or something you've burned/ripped/whatever-the-terminology from existing CDs or downloaded off the Internet (pirated or legally purchased)? If the sharing of such files is restricted, then could the very uploading such files to the player be restricted as well? Or are you Asher saying that DRM is just an issue with WMA, that the player won't care about the other supported file types being non-DRM?
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Unprotected is ambiguous? To me that clearly implies files without DRM...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

yay! more asherbot-spam!

now in the form of an iPod ripoff, released YEARS after iPod was released

Comment

iPod was not the first MP3 player...
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

What's that got to do with anything?
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

It's hard to say what exactly is a ripoff of an iPod, considering that all it has in common with an iPod is it's a harddrive based MP3 player. Of which Apple was not the first.

Comment

No, but it was the first one to really take off, wasn't it? I mean, I'd heard of MP3 players before that, but I'd thought of them as something restricted to "early adopters" (read "spazzes") rather than a real commodity for the masses. iPods are different, it seems. Though I don't have one and probably never will.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

What's the battery life on this thing?
                          mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            iPod was not the first MP3 player...
                            what has that got to do with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by VJ

what has that got to do with anything?
                              Gee, I don't know. Maybe it has to do with your comment about this being a ripoff of the iPod, which is a bit confusing because by the same logic iPod ripped off Rio and Creative...

And I think it also comes in poor timing seeing as iTunes 7 blatantly lifts one of WMP11's view features.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                                Oh, wicked, bad, naughty Zoune!
                                I think we need to spank her.
                                Spank all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X