Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dis
    You just don't like Ford's do you?

Well my Ford Mustang GT got wrecked by a drunk driver. He drove off as well. Left me with thousands of dollars worth of damage. I just decided you can't drive a nice vehicle in my city because 90% of the drivers are drunk. So I got rid of it. I really can't handle that much power anyways. I already got 2 speeding tickets in 4 months.

So I got a Toyota. It's 100 times more a piece of **** than my Ford was. I though Toyotas were supposed to be good cars?
    I'm sorry to hear about your new car getting wrecked by a drunk driver.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I have a Mazda, which is a very different thing than having a Ford, even though Ford owns like 35% of Mazda.

Ford generally lets Mazda do their own thing, and my car was designed & built in Japan, not the US...
      I used to own a Mazda too. When the transmission fell out I found out it was a Ford (POS).
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Let me guess, you blew a brake line and lost your brake fluid...thus the smoke everywhere.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
          Meh. Fixed. $20 for a new brake line and fluid. $200 for the 3 hours it took for them to replace it. Plus a new inspection sticker (I already had an appointment set up there for about 2 hours after I brought it in to have it inspected... ) Too bad the wireless wasn't stable enough for me to do anything more than send and email and play civ for 3 hours...

And to Ogie. I'm going to claim stress as the excuse. I can do that, right?

Ooops...

Saw post after I read and replied to OP.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I owned a Ford Probe from 1996-2006 and it gave me 200,000 trouble free miles. A great car.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
              I used to own a Mazda too. When the transmission fell out I found out it was a Ford (POS).
              Yup, some Mazdas have Ford Transmissions, like the Mazda 6 IIRC.

The Mazda 3's only Ford part is the suspension, which is arguably hard to screw up.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

So the Ford is running well, Asher?

Comment

Read the thread, ace.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I prefer to taunt you. You Ford owner, you.

Comment

Made in Hiroshima, beyotch.

Corporate ownership means nothing.

Comment

Just keep telling yourself that.

If it matters I tease a co-worker who drives a Jag by continually asking him how the Ford is running.

Comment

I think Jaguar is one of the few brands less reliable than Ford. Don't see why he'd be upset, or why you think it's funny.

Comment

He's upset because he spent $55,000 to buy a name tag and I'm comparing it to a $20k name tag. The brand is actually gone from being one of the worst when it was in independent in 1988 (due to lack of funds to modernize) to one of the better name plates out there. There has been a problem of badge engineering on the lower priced models (think the Jag X) but the higher end models are top notch. It is a shame Ford vetoed the baby Jag roadster since it would have likely taken over the small roadster market now held by BMW and Mercedes.

There are simply huge numbers of baby boomers who wanted British roadsters when they were younger and couldn't afford them but now they have the cash and they're looking for something to plunk it down on. Nanjing could make a killing if they actually make decent MGs.

Comment

My 14 year old Explorer runs just fine, thank you. And it brakes well too. Not like when I first got it in '00, but then again those were high-performance brakes that weren't meant for SUVs; the previous owner didn't realize that when she had them installed in preparation to sell.
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                              X