Help me find a movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a movie

Probably Canadian. Rather alternative. Watched it sometime during the 90's. Stopped watching about half-way through (no idea why because I was enjoying it). Featuring a circle of 20-somethings who regularly gathered and one's home. I think they were playing card a lot. I don't think there really was a story going on, just ordinary day-to-day events, conversations and the like. There was subtle, ironic sort of humour seeping throughout the picture (which is why I was enjoying it so much).

Give me the name of the movie.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

dead alive?
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

jesus christ superstar!
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Canadian Bacon
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Armageddon
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Debbie Does Dallas
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Do you have more info:

Maybe it's this movie:

Déclin de l'empire américain

Plot Summary for
              Déclin de l'empire américain, Le (1986)

Four university teachers gather to prepare a dinner. Remy - married, Claude - homosexual, Pierre - girlfriend and Alain - a bachelor discuss sex, the female body and their affairs with them. Their guests Louis, Dominique, Diane and Danielle are waiting at a health gym. They also discuss sex, the female body and, naturally, men. Later in the evening they meet and have dinner. The discussion? Well, you can guess it...
              bleh

Comment

No that's not it. The picture I watched was more recent and the characters were younger, more of the bohemian type. It also wasn't just one dinner. They just regularly and spontaneously gathered and just had all conversations about all kinds of subjects. They were living in an urban environment.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Simpsons?
                  Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                  "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Cannibal Holocaust?

Comment

cool hand luke?
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Shaving Ryan's Privates?

Comment

Working...
                        X