Help me find a song by Marlena Dietrich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a song by Marlena Dietrich

There was once a film, I don't recall a documentary or not, I think not, about Marlenia Dietrich. As it ended, exactly at the end, she appears on the stage and sings a melancholic song, something about friends going away or something. Anyone recalls it?
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

As it ended, exactly at the end, she appears on the stage and sings a melancholic song, something about friends going away or something. Anyone recalls it?

Do you realize that 99% of the movies about love end in this way?
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

How many movies about Marlena Dietrich ending with her singing in front of audience can there be?
      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
        How many movies about Marlena Dietrich ending with her singing in front of audience can there be?

Zero, because she´s called Marlene

Wikipedia
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Check the movie title at IMDB and look at music in it.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's Marlena in Polish, sorry.
            What's IMDB?
            If I knew the title...
            Middle East!

Comment

IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. Find ratings and reviews for the newest movie and TV shows. Get personalized recommendations, and learn where to watch across hundreds of streaming providers.

Reviews and information about movies. Films.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

How many things did those Germans steal from Poland?

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

In what language was the song?
                  Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                  And notifying the next of kin
                  Once again...

Comment

German, I believe
                    Middle East!

Comment

Was it Lilly Marlene?
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

So let's see- you're not sure if it was a feature film, or if it was a documentary, or was it a documentary with a clip from a feature film at the end, or...

...and you're not exactly sure about the lyrics either.

Well that certainly narrows the field.

You could try her films with von Sternberg or her early work like 'I Kiss Your Hand Madame'.

The Blue Angel

Morocco

Blonde Venus

The Scarlet Empress

Dishonoured

Shanghai Express

It might of course be her German version of 'Where Have All The Flowers Gone ?'- 'Sag Mir, Wo Die Blumen Sind ?'

Pete Seeger's lyrics:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

This is a great Marlene site I go to occasionally:

Marlene

Attached Files
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I can't be of much help with the song, but at least I can post a nice picture, and second the motions of

Marlene

It says it's from a movie called The Song of Songs; maybe that's it?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X