Pig vs Chimpanzee.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pig vs Chimpanzee.....

Help me win a drunken bet, my friend is adament that pigs have more potential (thats the key word in the bet) intelligence than chimps.

The tool making/too use argument isn't working and the evolutionary one isn't either. He just contends that the fact that pigs are further away from humans than chimps proves nothing other than pigs branched off earlier (which strictly speaking is correct).

Anyone got links to any chimps vs pigs IQ tests?

Pigs, yepper.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Or any Chimp vs Texan IQ tests........

Comment

That wasn't part of the original question. Pigs are bright.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          That wasn't part of the original question. Pigs are bright.
          And Texans....?????

Comment

We do fine.

Comment

Smart, but if they were smarter than chimps, I think PBS would reference it.

Pigs are misunderstood in many ways. Many people think of them as portly and stupid, but the NATURE program THE JOY OF PIGS shows us how intelligent pigs really are. (They are naturally lean, too, unless they are overfed by humans.) Pigs are smarter than any other domestic animal. Their ability to solve problems, like the pig I.Q. test on THE JOY OF PIGS, is well-documented, and they are considered by animal experts to be more trainable than dogs or cats.

Comment

I saw a documentary on Dutch tv some 5 years ago where they compared chimps and pigs.

They had to use a joystick to move a cursor on a screen to the top-right corner to be offered food. The chimps used their hands and the pigs used their snouts. Turned out your friend is right, the pigs got it in no time, the chimps took a little longer to get it.
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Smart, but if they were smarter than chimps, I think PBS would reference it.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/pigs/smart.html
                  "The Joy of Pigs!?

I think (hope) the key term is "smartest domestic animal?

Comment

I just Googled "chimp" and "intelligence" and and a link to Bush is on the bottom of page 1.

Take from that what you will....

Comment

Google "failure" and bush is #1 result

I suggest we take out google

Comment

Working...
                      X