• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Excuse for Speeding

This gave me a good laugh:

'Goat-free roads made me speed'

Police said goats had not been reported on eastern Ontario's roads
    A Swiss man caught speeding on a Canadian highway has blamed his actions on the absence of goats on the roads.
    The man was caught driving at 161 km/h (100mph) in a 100 km/h (60mph) zone.

A traffic officer's notes said the Swiss driver had said he was taking advantage "of the ability to go faster without risking hitting a goat".

Canadian police spokesman Joel Doiron said he had never found a goat on the highways of eastern Ontario in his 20 years of service.

"Nobody's ever used the lack of goats here as an excuse for speeding," Mr Doiron told the AFP news agency.

"I've never been to Switzerland, but I guess there must be a lot of goats there," he said.

The driver was ordered to pay a fine of C$360 ($330; £175) for speeding.
    It's even better reading this at the BBC website, because they include a picture of a goat with his head quizzically cocked.
    Goat-Free Roads made me speed
    I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Maybe he really needed a goat bad? (and couldn't just stop by the road and pick one up?)

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Interesting excuse but certainly not a defence.

Speeding is an absolute liability offence in this province.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

this is why i love the bbc
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Tell it like it is, Wezil.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The best one is the joke I heard.
            A cop was following a guy and he wouldn't slow down. it was near the end of his shift so he told the guy if he gave him an excuse for speeding that he hadn't heard before he'd let him off.
            The guy said, my wife left me for a police officer, when I saw you behind be I was afraid the he was trying to return her.
            The cop let him off.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X