Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Senate Democratic Leadership Just Threaten ABC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

You miss his point. Dems are upset because the ABC movie, which is putting itself up as an accurate portrayal has added lines supposedly said by Clinton administration officials that they never actually said, making them look worse.
    Supposedly a great deal of this "docu-drama" has been completely fabricated. The Dems are pissed off because the movie is billing itself as something along the lines of the true story leading up to 9/11 yet it is filled with fabrications.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

nm, OO said it better.

Comment

ABC is in the same family as CNN... the whole Disney umbrella I guess.

But my point being... with this stuff going on, does this mean that frothing right-wingers are finally going to stop calling CNN the "Clinton News Network"?

That's really the only thing I care about. I really could give have a donkey's ball about some made for TV movie.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Kuci: The subject of this thread is also fiction. So, stop whining.

Two points.

1) There's no whining going on here. At least not by me.

and

2) It's not being billed as fiction. Docudrama =! Fiction.

And there are questions.

Valid questions, IMO.

-=Vel=-
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

But my point being... with this stuff going on, does this mean that frothing right-wingers are finally going to stop calling CNN the "Clinton News Network"?

Oh hell no, Sava...don't you know that despite having both houses of Congress and the office of the President, the "Organized Left" still holds all the real power.

Any ill that befalls the nation is clearly the fault of this intangible "organized left" not the poor, misunderstood pugs who would never do anything to make Baby Jesus blush. Just ask Rush!

-=Vel=-
            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              That's really the only thing I care about. I really could give have a donkey's ball about some made for TV movie.
              I agree save that now that all the whining is out there I feel compelled to understand why the Dems feel teh need to throw hissy fits.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Seconded. I wasn't gonna watch. Now tho, I just gotta....

-=Vel=-

Comment

I just am not seeing the hissy fits. Nice try to mischaracterize things though.

Comment

I didn't expect you would.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      I just am not seeing the hissy fits.
                      Read the OP?

Comment

I just am not seeing the hissy fits.

When large flightless bird sticks head in sand, it cannot see light of day.

-ancient proverb
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Read the OP?
                          Are you insane? Now five senators writing a letter is considered "a hissy fit"? Get a grip, man.

Comment

Now five senators writing a letter is considered "a hissy fit"?
                            ... and the Clinton Foundation going nuts releasing statements attacking ABC
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It seems all they want is for it to be clearly labeled as fiction instead of a documentary. That's hardly a hissy fit.

Comment

That's a hissy fit.
                                Fixed.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X