A rip-off or a must-get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rip-off or a must-get?

They are going to publish it soon and it will include Civ1, Civ2 MGE, Civ3 Complete, Civ4 (without Warlords) + some books, cards, videos.

Supposedly for something like $69,99.

lol ripoff LOL
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Consider that I already have most of that.

Comment

Is Markos selling this?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He'll probably put a link-through to Amazon when they have it on offer.

Comment

Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I had Civ I and II, got 3 and threw it away in anger, haven't gotten 4 yet. The others I don't care about.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I expect it is stunning value for money if you don't already own them all.

Me, I'd much prefer to spend my money on something I haven't already got. Colonisation II would be nice.

btw - this is the third forum on 'poly to have a thread about this. I think there's even an entire forum dedicated to it.

Comment

For $70, it's a bargain. Heck, it'd be a bargain if it'd be $100.

I'm going to buy this

Comment

I'll get it, but I'd really wish it had warlords.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Yep... what good is it without warlords.

I guess it's "ok" if you don't already own every Civ game ever released
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I say rip off unless is has Warlords...

Even more so since Civ V is getting tossed around.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

A ripoff because it's got 15 CD's. They could fit it all on 1 DVD.

Comment

These two options are not mutually exclusive, unfortunately.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Civ 4 1.5 GB. Warlords is 577 MB. Civ 3 + expansions can't really be more than that, though I don't have them installed right now. There we have ~3GB. Civ 2 and previous are tiny compared to modern game sizes, so that all easily fits on a 4.7 GB disc. Especially given the compression in the installer.

Comment

Working...
                              X