just an ordinary political/resistance group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just an ordinary political/resistance group

Hezbollah, we are told, only fired rockets at Israel cause Israel attacked with bombers. What else could they do, not having their own bombers?

Israels attacks were in response to the kidnapping of Israeli soldiers. But that kidnapping was a legitimate act of war, it was soldiers who were taken, and Israel holds Lebanese prisoners. What else were they to do.

Well heres the Lebanese prisoner Hezb is most eager to free in a prisoner swap.

Haaretz:

"Hezbollah official: We won't free soldiers unless Kuntar released

By Jack Khoury

Hezbollah will not release the two Israel Defense Forces soldiers it is holding unless Israel frees a Lebanese terrorist jailed for the 1979 murders of four people in Nahariya, a senior official of the group said Friday.

In an interview to the Nazareth-based newspaper A-Sinara published Friday, Mahmoud Kamati said that if a prisoner exchange was to be carried in stages, Israel had to ensure that Samir Kuntar was freed in the first stage, as his release had been one of the aims of the abduction of soldiers Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev.

Kuntar led the group of terrorists who broke into a Nahariya apartment and took hostage Danny Haran, 28, and his four-year-old daughter, Einat. The two were later killed by the terrorists.

A policeman was also killed in the attack, and Haran's two-year-old daughter was accidentally smothered by her mother who held a hand across her mouth so that she would not give them away as they hid from the terrorists.

Goldwasser and Regev were kidnapped in a cross-border raid by Hezbollah guerrillas on July 12, sparking the 34-day conflict with Israel. Three other soldiers were killed in the attack, and five more died in an initial rescue operation.

Kamati also said that the soldiers would not be released with negotiations between Israel and Hezbollah. He added that although United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan had expressed support for indirect negotiations between the sides, Hezbollah had yet to receive a formal approach from the UN. "
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

I'd be willing to bet the Israeli soldiers would call in an air strike on their position if they were able.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Probably true.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Can an ME htread get any more boring?

And since when is this news exactly? Oh, I know, since before the kidnapping even happened.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

How exactly could the identity of who Hezb wanted to trade the kidnap victims for have been news BEFORE the kidnaps happened.

The question now is what is Hezbs role in Lebanon to be, and what do Lebs think of Hezb. Well Hezb has reafirmed that they took the step that led to much destruction in Lebanon, not for the sake of Lebanon, but to free a terrorist who murdered a four year old. This puts the Hezb claim to be defending Lebanese interests in a different light.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

you make a fundamental mistake

in thinking that Israel detractors or Hezbollah supporters actually care about making rational justifications for their feelings and actions.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

For a second, I thought this thread would be about NAMBLA. I coulda taken a thread about NAMBLA serious, but this?
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                For a second, I thought this thread would be about NAMBLA. I coulda taken a thread about NAMBLA serious, but this?
                The National Association of Marlon Brando Look Alikes?
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The North American Man/Boy Love Association.

Comment

I know. Clearly, you haven't watched "Cartman joins NAMBLA"
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

I haven't!

Comment

You should!

Comment

Re: you make a fundamental mistake

Originally posted by pchang
                          in thinking that Israel detractors or Hezbollah supporters actually care about making rational justifications for their feelings and actions.
                          ... and the same thing can be said about the usual Israel apologists
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Should I wonder if there's a difference between Kuntar and Menachim Begin or Shimon Perez, both of whom were Israeli terrorists who massacred hundreds of innocent Palestinians between them in the 1940s and 1950s? I mean, if the guy was an Israel and he did that to a Palestinian family, he'd have been elected Prime Minister. So really, the problem isn't that he's a murderer, but who he murdered.

Obviously the man is a war criminal and deserves to rot in prison the rest of his life, if he doesn't get his neck stretched or his internals aerated. But it's rather hypocritical of Israel and Israel's supporters to claim any moral high ground here.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Thank you Che!

Now STOP MAKING SENSE !
                              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                              X