Infographics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infographics

tons of info packed in a single image....

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

interesting

the most popular vehicle in the world is the bicycle
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

There is also a graphic news service that presents current events in graphic form. I enjoy them when I see them in the newspapers, but unfortunately you can only buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
        There is also a graphic news service that presents current events in graphic form. I enjoy them when I see them in the newspapers, but unfortunately you can only buy them.
        cnet does the following
        .xyz is for every website, everywhere.® We offer the most flexible and affordable domain names to create choice for the next generation of internet users.

Comment

I may be going against the opinion here, but none of those are good graphics. Way too busy presentation and surprisingly little information is integrated into them. This is the USA Today style of infographics.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I don't like those MarkG posted much either. But I prefer graphic news for the wealth of info they can show. I remember a recent one which showed Iranian missile capability: you could see sizes of different missiles as well as ranges and costs, all neatly arranged on a Middle East map. You'd need a big and boring article to fit all that info.

Here are couple of examples Google Image Search turned up (they are not related):

Comment

Granted, it's not all "news" but infographics as thread title says. It's a good way to present information. More from Google:

Comment

Re: Infographics

Originally posted by MarkG
                tons of info packed in a single image....

http://www.princeton.edu/~ina/infographics/index.html
                Big yawn.

The arms industry and tobacco industry are both legal and legit businesses. I see no reason to apologize.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: Infographics

Originally posted by Oerdin

Big yawn.

The arms industry and tobacco industry are both legal and legit businesses. I see no reason to apologize.
                  Good thing no one is asking them too, then. Continue with your boredom.
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

vetlegion

Comment

Working...
                    X