No announcement yet.

Genesis thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's because of You, Americans, that Genesis remained in hiatus for last 10 years
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Well, Calling All Stations sucked. America let them know that. After Collins left, they should have moved in a bold new direction with their music, but they chose to stick with a boring pop-oriented Collins music formula which no one was interested in hearing from them anymore.

Comment

Calling All Stations didn't suck. It had many faults (poppy sometimes, but not as much as previous albums; some fillers, like Small Talk, but a couple of great songs, like Uncertain Weather of The Dividing Line; what was very weak was that every song but The Dividing Line ended in quieting done... some sounds, as in There Must Be Another Way, were kind of 80s and cheesy. But there were nice melodies, and nice musicianship sometimes.

Lord Shiva, what's your opinion on Genesis?
        Middle East!

Comment

I lost all interest in Genesis after Steve Hackett left. I admit, they did a couple of catchy pop songs after that, but I don't like them enough to buy one of their post-Hackett albums.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Did You listen to songs like The Lady Lies, Snowbound, Duchess, Heathaze, It's Gonna Get Better etc? Post-Hackett Genesis is not only pop
            Middle East!

Comment

I never bought one, but a friend had ABACAB. Otherwise I only know Genesis from the radio.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I heard news that the band are going to change their name to Intelligent Design
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                X