Google Image Labeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Image Labeler

Google Images. The most comprehensive image search on the web.

How does it work?
    You'll be randomly paired with a partner who's online and using the feature. Over a 90-second period, you and your partner will be shown the same set of images and asked to provide as many labels as possible to describe each image you see. When your label matches your partner's label, you'll earn some points and move on to the next image until time runs out. After time expires, you can explore the images you've seen and the websites where those images were found. And we'll show you the points you've earned throughout the session.

I'm always looking for a way to keep you people entertained.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Developed at my university

They guy who invented it (the ESP game) gave a talk to us CS students just yesterday. It was really, really cool. Particularly the point where I asked "what about cheating [in the ESP game]?" and that turned out to be his next slide

Comment

How terribly interesting.

Comment

Is there a way of playing as Team Poly?
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Developed at my university

They guy who invented it (the ESP game) gave a talk to us CS students just yesterday. It was really, really cool. Particularly the point where I asked "what about cheating [in the ESP game]?" and that turned out to be his next slide
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I assume it's random pairings, so team is doubtful.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Not only that, but you don't always play a real person. Sometimes they match you up with a past player.

http://peekaboom.org/ is another game by the same guy. In this one, you have to reveal a portion of your image so that the partner, who can't see it, guesses the word. It's used to locate keywords in an image.

Comment

Working...
              X