The Artic Monkeys win the Mercury Prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Artic Monkeys win the Mercury Prize

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

It's about a decent record got it. They usually go for something a bit different just for the sake of it.

it's a good record, but there are at least four on the list i'd put above it.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I saw the Artic Monkeys play a few months back. They were ok but not great.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
        actually more like 3 tbh, sway's album wasn't anything amazing.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Muse maybe, after that?

Either way it beats some jazz, skiffle fusion essemble from Isle of Skye getting it.

Comment

actually more like 3 tbh, sway's album wasn't anything amazing.
            Sway was this years Dizzy Rascal, just a nod to "black" music. Except Sway didn't win it..

Comment

No band should be awarded a prize until they run a spell check on their name.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                Muse maybe, after that?

Either way it beats some jazz, skiffle fusion essemble from Isle of Skye getting it.
                not a big fan of muse, all went downhill after sunburn IMO.

hot chip would of been my choice, it's just a great album, really full of ideas.

then editors, who just rock. and thom yorke, who despite the self-indulgent ****ery that radiohead's recent output was, has produced a fine record. i hear there's also a remix package in the pipeline

Comment

I knew you were going to say Thom Yorke....what a tw@t......him not you!!

The Editors was pretty good, but not as good as AM. I'll give Hot Chip a go....

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    No band should be awarded a prize until they run a spell check on their name.
                    I've never liked the Beatles anyway!

Comment

Good point.

Comment

yeah i seem to remember you not being a fan

don't get me wrong, i really liked the artic monkey's album, just prefered some of the others. actually think it's been a really good year music all round.

Comment

Why the f**k can no one spell Arctic?
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well Done Artic Monkeys.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Piss off
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X